The Failure

The Failure

A Poem by Shaun
"

An inner conflict with my fear of personal failure.

"

The Failure, it hides its teeth and it smiles deceiving feigning hope in its eyes.
It coaxes me out of my heavy, warm, blanket protecting me from myself.
A handshake, that smile, still with no teeth, lukewarm, but friendly to me.

The Failure stays quiet, exhaling its cool breath, provoking chills and goosebumps.
It reassures me I’m fine, I’ll be safe, not to worry, to come closer.
A handshake to a hug. Like a cold seat in a steel chair surrounded by stone.

The Failure loses a smile, its teeth start to show. Its eyes turn to granite.
I turn away but there’s nowhere to go. The air feels heavy and cold.
Becoming frantic and searching for hope but it’s gone. All of it is gone.

The Failure shows its teeth. Ready to consume me. My thoughts.
My blanket is gone, I run in every direction, stumbling, falling.
The fog will not move, will not clear. The Failure is all I can see.

© 2012 Shaun


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice piece you got right here. Nice images that it presents and I love how much power and meaning it has. Keep up he good work and making pieces like this and you'll be surprised who says something about them. All in all, great write.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
1 Review
Added on May 7, 2012
Last Updated on May 7, 2012
Tags: failing, fear, inner conflict, dark

Author