Silent Night

Silent Night

A Poem by TheReal
"

Mother and child will always be mother and child.

"

I saw you during my first glimpse of life. A whole new world outside of my wet, warm home of the months prior. My eyes examined each piece of you as I tried to match my perception of your face with the overwhelming feeling you gave me. The organ pounding in my chest bled out more than my life's fluid. It bled emotion. My first felt emotion. Love.


It felt good to be held in the comfort of your arms. The comfort of your love. The comfort of you being new to this type of love, as was I. I wondered why you stared at me with with transparent love falling from your eyes and rolling down your cheek, but then the same began happening to me and I understood.

I couldn't keep myself from exalting joyous cries from my young lungs into the atmosphere of your universal love for me. As you wiped my tears I knew that nothing could match the joy of you touching me. I knew that nothing could harm me; Harm us. I knew that we were forever.


Although I've crawled, walked, and ran away from your arms, your love forever holds me. It never let's go.

© 2012 TheReal


Author's Note

TheReal
Something different. Child Birth. From a newborn's perspective.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is really beautiful and I liked the unique perspective. My favorite was the reason for the baby's screams. Well done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

265 Views
1 Review
Added on July 19, 2012
Last Updated on July 19, 2012
Tags: Mom, Mother, Love, Baby, New, The Real, Amazing, MiMi, Poetry

Author

TheReal
TheReal

C, PA



About
I write. I'm young. I'm a lyricist as you can probably tell. I want you to enjoy my words. more..

Writing
WOMAN I AM WOMAN I AM

A Poem by TheReal