Beauty In Minimalism

Beauty In Minimalism

A Story by TheUnrulyWriter
"

A passerby watches a flower float through the air, stopping to contemplate the complexity of human language.

"

Downwards, upon a modest draft, a flower descends. It is pale and so incredibly light that the dew drops that subsist on its petals ought be the only thing weighing it down. It softly caresses the crisp, verdure grass and meets its berth. It allows a moment to linger and peer out at the world that all of existence is within.

There are seven gods, a goddess, and Earth in the heavens. There are millions and billions and even more immense sums of spiraling star clusters floating out there. The universe is infinite, but some fathom there are more infinities not yet brought to light.

But that’s all talk. Words. At a stretch- poetry. For if one were to take a deep look with all one’s heart at the vastness of everything, the true location of our existence would be easily accessed. We are everywhere. We are all one. One big concept existing and moving and worrying and living and dying. It’s scary and beautiful and stupid and inspiring.

As a leisure, the existence likes to organize. At first it was just recurrent happenings. A blue glow, then an explosion and other such sequences. The existence gave names to these, of course. And so there were supernovas and floods and life and death. Then, the existence noticed these funny little shapes. And so then there were stars and planets and trees and rocks and animals.

Now there are more figurative labels. They are mainly for animals; people, specifically. They are fun and aid connection in an existence where everything is labelled and contained and disembodied. Yet, what had evoked as a hobby has turned to fixation. Now these figurative labels are not a choice. One must have them. One must know them. One must wear them with honor and make them public and snub anyone who dares disagree.

  The minimalistic beauty of existence is gone. It has been reinstated with chaos and artificial order. The moment has passed. The flower has withered.

© 2017 TheUnrulyWriter


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

What an insightful piece of writing ! I really loved this story and thought, TheUnrulyWriter :-) Beautiful description and amazing words are used throughout this piece. Very truly said. I loved the way you have elaborated the birth of existence, universe and life.
That last paragraph is awesomely written leaving the readers to ponder.- the moment has passed. The flower has withered-True. There are multiple meanings one can get through this piece; complexity of human beings, their language as well as their lifestyle. A Brilliant Philosophical write. Well done and keep up the good work.



Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

TheUnrulyWriter

7 Years Ago

Thank you for the review. You interpreted the story very well :) I'm glad you enjoyed it!



Reviews

What an insightful piece of writing ! I really loved this story and thought, TheUnrulyWriter :-) Beautiful description and amazing words are used throughout this piece. Very truly said. I loved the way you have elaborated the birth of existence, universe and life.
That last paragraph is awesomely written leaving the readers to ponder.- the moment has passed. The flower has withered-True. There are multiple meanings one can get through this piece; complexity of human beings, their language as well as their lifestyle. A Brilliant Philosophical write. Well done and keep up the good work.



Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

TheUnrulyWriter

7 Years Ago

Thank you for the review. You interpreted the story very well :) I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

257 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on January 27, 2017
Last Updated on January 27, 2017
Tags: short story, flash fiction, fiction, symbolism, language, humanity

Author

TheUnrulyWriter
TheUnrulyWriter

About
I write stories, poems, and songs. I am a multi-instrumentalist, and I'm always wanting to learn more of 'em. My writing is mostly abstract and focuses on psychological, philosophical, and/or spir.. more..

Writing