Box

Box

A Chapter by John

Chris opened the box to find a blank paper. "Huh?," Chris stared at the paper. He got out a pair of white gloves and picked it up. He just stared at it with a blank face until he smelled it. "Lemon?," he mumbled to himself. His blue orbs grew wide when he thought of something. 'Where is it? I thought I left it in my pocket,' he thought as he continued to look for something. "MARY," he yelled as he stick his head out the door of his office. People gave him strange looks as he yelled Mary's name. "MA-," "Here," called out a voice from the lounge. "Mary where's my lighter?," Chris questioned her as she was making coffee. "I took them because you smoke too much," Mary said(A.N Mary is the picture on the side). "Mary I won't smoke so please give me my lighter," Chris begged. "Fine," Mary sighed. "Really? I thought it would take longer to persuade you," Chris mumbled the last part. "If," Mary began and Chris got nervous to what Mary would do to him, "you go on a date with me to the new cafe that opened today." Chris thought, 'This could relieve stress that I was holding,'."Sure," Chris said his response from Mary was a shriek and him being on the floor and Mary on top of him. "Thank you, thank you, thank you," Mary kept saying while Chris tried to move. "Here you go," Mary tossed the lighter to him, "and pick me up tomorrow at 6:00," and left. "What did I just do?," Chris mumbled and left to his office.

The fire of the lighter light up a bit of the room as it moved under the the paper. "What?," Chris asked as he read the message. It read:

To Chris,

I am sorry Chris about our last party. I bet your disappointed about not catching me. Anyways I wanted to let you know I will attack on Saturday so be on the look out for me.
Love, Raven from the BRK
P.S: What does BRK mean? That should help pass time till I attack.


'BRK? Is that what their little group is called? And today's Thursday so in two day's she is going to attack. But what?,' Chris thought. He sighed and gave up. He walked towards the couch of his office and turned on the T.V.
"And be prepared for Saturday. The Museum of Art is going to display the famous painting 'Starry Night' by Vincent van Gogh," he tuned the T.V as he remember when he encountered Raven in a museum.

---Flash Back---
"Raven, stop right there," Chris yelled to Raven who was staring at a painting of 'The last Supper' by Leonardo da Vinci. "You know, one of my assassin's was named after a famous artist," Raven started as she stares at the painting, "I never believed in a God or a creator. And if there was one why is he not helping the children that were just like me?," she turned around to face Chris, "You want to know my past, correct? Well here's a hint. I had a cruel past. Actually. My group had a cruel past that would send shiver's down your spine," by now Chris was speechless that she is giving information about herself and her team, "I will not steal this time. So bye Chris.". With that she left through the window of the roof, she had a rope attached there, and left.
---Flash Back Ends--

"She's going to steal the painting," Chris yelled out and ran out the door. Again, people in the station gave him odd looks when he ran. He ran to the meeting hall and slammed the door open. "Chris?! What in the world are you doing?," Greg said as the other people in the room looked annoyed and confused that he entered. "I know where Raven is going to strike next," Chris yelled excitedly. "Then where is she going to strike next Chris," the chief asked. "Saturday, the Museum of Art, Starry Sky," Chris said.


© 2015 John


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
Added on December 29, 2015
Last Updated on December 29, 2015


Author

John
John

Narnia, Over the Rainbow, TX



About
Hey I am the Holy John aka some unknown being that likes to go by John. I am a female just in case someone thought I was a dude that writes like a chick. I like anime, music, and manga. more..

Writing
Hello, Goodbye Hello, Goodbye

A Poem by John


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by John