The leap of death

The leap of death

A Story by Samuel Philip
"

A story about patience

"
The leap disaster.

It was a warm Wednesday, 11am business and activities has the day, I was on a road trip from Lokoja to Abuja and I was having a discussion with a young man about substance abuse, he was of the opinion that people who get addicted to drugs and cigarettes smoking are stupid and must quit, not all I said.

Most of us had gone through our different darknesses, yet many has refused to get over it, some are fighting their way through and this substances put them on a balance, well I was sounding like an addict myself, but I believe every story has a two sides. I continued, you don't have to judge a smoker for smoking even when he/she sees the warning that smokers are liable to die youn... looking out the window there's a coaster bus running over 180km/hr there's a woman with her head out of the window waving it by the side OMG! It's a bus with over 40 passengers and the driver can be seen struggling to stay on the path because the bus has a failed break.

It passed us with a thrumming speed as people and cars from the opposite lane noticed the sign from distance and cleared away from the road completely. Just about few Second passing us the screaming woman was seen jumping of the moving bus, it was too fast that all we could see was people trying to lift her body and avoiding a widespread of quick pool of blood.

The shocking thing about the leap is, only a meter away from her dead body the speeding bus was able to slow down and stopped. Miss diving woman should be alive today if she had thought about her action twice, the question is, why was she in a haste to live, what's her reason for leaping off the window of a speeding vehicle? Unexpected suicide? Or let's bring in spirituality- did she sacrifice her life for that miracle? Whatever the answer is more than 40 persons lived as one person took a decision to panic while mr death came to tease.

Don't give up, your uncomfortable situation might be a tease, don't jump too quickly, either to condemn a person with addiction or leap out of a high speed moving bus.

Photo: Evergreen Enterprise
- Samuel Philip



© 2016 Samuel Philip


Author's Note

Samuel Philip
Spot the problems

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
Added on November 28, 2016
Last Updated on November 28, 2016
Tags: Patience, calm, nature, karma

Author

Samuel Philip
Samuel Philip

Nigeria



About
A Nigerian Born and passionate lover of the art more..

Writing