Oh,But she knew

Oh,But she knew

A Poem by Elly
"

Mama tried her best to protect her little one.

"

“Momma?”

“Yes dear?” 

“Is there such things as happy endings?”

“Of course there is honey. Everyone’s life is a fairytale.” 


    Oh of course, dear mother was wrong. She knew there was no happy endings in life. She just wanted to protect her child from the real world. Yet, she was so frightened that one day her princess will end up in a terrible place. All alone with no hope what so ever, That no one would love her but if someone did, all they would do is break that poor little fragile heart. All mama ever wanted was for her to be satisfied with her life. No more, nor less. 

What reality would do to the helpless soul would ruin her and have nothing left. The danger she would be in. All the pain she feared would encounter. The cries and sadness would soon take over her body. Demons eating her out little by little, Till poor little sweetheart couldn’t take it anymore.

What mother never knew is that her little princess that always smiled, That always laughed at stupid jokes and made everyone happy, would be in the verge of tears with a gun pointed to her head that she stole from daddy’s case. Depending if she take her life or not. The demon was almost done with another soul. It was waiting till this one tipped over the edge. 

Princess knew it was time to go. She knew she had never got her happy ending just like mama told her when she was younger. She never got to fall in love with her prince and start a family. All the things she could have done but decided not to. 

Her finger was ready to pull the trigger, but before she went she whispered “I guess life isn’t about finding happy endings, it’s about finishing them.”  

© 2014 Elly


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on November 1, 2014
Last Updated on November 1, 2014

Author

Elly
Elly

About
I cannot make you read my writing, but I when you do, then you'll see how I view the world. more..

Writing
I know I know

A Poem by Elly


Cards Cards

A Poem by Elly