House of Love

House of Love

A Story by Love Angel Bearing Light
"

Black Man and White Woman builds a house.

"

House of Love

"Hammer."


"Hammer!"


"Nails."


"Nails!"


"Chainsaw."


"Chain…" Black Man pulls off his cap and scratches his head as he looks over the tools laid out before him. "Umm, White Woman. . ."


"Yes?" She looks over her shoulder to see Black Man's back. A small smile forms on her face.

Black Man begins to make a ruckus as he searches through the various tools laid out on the workbench.

"I don't even remember talking about a chainsaw." He says to himself.


White Woman turns around and folds her arms. "Because we didn't, silly!"


Black Man comes to an abrupt halt. He bites his lip and slowly looks over his shoulder. "You know what…"


White Woman rushes pass him and scoops up the hammer. "Yeaaaa, let's get to work!"


"But…" Black Man shakes his head with a large grin on his face. "Whatever."


His Words are the foundation of this House.


The blueprint is established by Faith.


The trials and tribulations became bricks through the cost of lots of patience.


His glory is the roof that covers this House.


Inside we have Pillars of Hope keeping it up.


From Self-control doors are made.


The floors are of Kindness and the carpeting is of Gentleness.


Curtains made of Joy attract the songbirds to the windowsills.


Our furniture is all from Goodness.


Surrounding the House is a Lawn of Faithfulness.


And around the Lawn is a Fence of Peace.


Black Man wipes the sweat from his brow and observes the work done. "Let's see," He strokes his chin thoughtfully. "White Woman."


"Yea?" She dusts off her hands as she studies the handy work as well.


"What are we missing?" She opens her mouth to answer, but a second thought makes her close it. Black Man looks at her with a raised eye brow. "Well…"


"You figure it out." She says with a smile.


His eyes widen. "What? Why can't you… Hey!" She begins walking in the house, leaving a lost look on his face. "Ey! Friends don't do this to each other!" He ponders on the missing piece some more. "What is it?" He heaves a small sigh and begins walking into the house. "It'll come to me."

© 2012 Love Angel Bearing Light


Author's Note

Love Angel Bearing Light
This was written as part of a Christmas present for my ex-girlfried. If you can't figure out what was missing, it was love. The two going inside the house built was to signify their relationship being the love that filled the house. Just like we are like houses unto God, we should be filled with love.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The blue print is established by faith.
Nice write.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
1 Review
Added on October 12, 2012
Last Updated on October 12, 2012
Tags: Interacial, Relationship, God, Love, Faith, Black, White, House

Author

Love Angel Bearing Light
Love Angel Bearing Light

About
Writer, poet, rapper. I enjoy using my words for the glory of God. more..

Writing