River of Life

River of Life

A Poem by Theresa

The current is strong

My body is weak

As I fight the battle created

By the river of life

 

I paddle hard

With all my might

Not allowing to be consumed

By the river of life

 

I kick to no avail

Clinging to the surface

despite the power presented

By the river of life

 

I hold my head up high

Refusing to be overtaken

Fighting to leave behind the strife

By the river of life

 

 

© 2009 Theresa


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Life does tend to drag us down, and drown us in despair. I like the really optimistic tone of the poem, and it says a lot about the character of the poet! The simplicity of the poem enhances its strength, and, as a result, the poem packs quite a punch. Quite inspiring!
Great job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I only wonder, truly, how you felt at the time of this composition; what's written here displays a multitude of things that we simply overlook in daily life. The current of life speaks of the unstoppable force of life, life itself and the battle against its forces. I immediately applied this to myself and understood that I, should let go and let life take me down the path it so chooses. Freedom, to let go and live and let live.

And then the continuation about the highly held head standing strong with refusal for an overwhelming force to take it. Simply throws me further out in the desolate ocean to drown in thoughts and pondering .. to me, its a fantastic philosophical and practical approach to thinking about a life that we live. And so, I congratulate you on a piece of inspirational gratitude that leaves me in a state of brainstorming, and challenged..

Bravo!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


I think most people could relate to this poem. Very nice, and thoughtful! Great write!=)

Posted 14 Years Ago


It is good message for all type of people..! you are a really good writer i LOVE!! your writeing


Posted 14 Years Ago


A good metaphorical description of the struggle we all participate in. The trick, I think, is to just stay afloat. no matter what. The river can drown you, but it can also take you places.

Posted 14 Years Ago


River of life is always pushing you around don't let it do that to you good message :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is a deep struggle of keeping your life. Its really good and a scary part in life to face. Great job.

-Will

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is really really good.
The message in this was portrayed really well.
Reading this made my day, and thank your for the kind review. :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Your description is that of one who's battle is ongoing. You hate it but you keep trying despite the stress and odds against you. A good description with a good theme. Again you've written something we can all identify with and you've done it well.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Hm... *thinks* Well, you're determined, you're strong, and you're hopeful (in this poem). I liked the emotion. Don't give up, don't let it take you! Heh.... that's it I suppose. Good job.

Posted 14 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

589 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 26, 2009

Author

Theresa
Theresa

Patchogue, NY



About
I am 25 years old and I am only one semester away from my bachelor's degree in Marketing, but now decided I wanted to go back to my first dream; becoming a writer. I've always loved to write and I jus.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Anna Chapter 1 Anna

A Chapter by Theresa


Chapter 2 Dean Chapter 2 Dean

A Chapter by Theresa


Chapter 3 Anna Chapter 3 Anna

A Chapter by Theresa



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


My Girl My Girl

A Poem by Tate Morgan