Fear.

Fear.

A Poem by Thomas Roarty
"

Just a thought that came into my head recently. Enjoy! :)

"
Feed me fear.
Such is a human desire, no? To gain knowledge of the things that we hide from. A perverted pleasure to extract uneasy feelings from words on a page. Why must we glutton ourselves into a state of nothing but despair?

The constant awareness of unknown entities encroach on you in the twilight hours, shrill screams torment the feeble mind into a self-triggered torporous mindset. You lie now in paralysis, tonight you will remain on edge of the evil. However you will also remain frozen and powerless in the event that your suspicions are confirmed.

The tension could be cut with a raven's beak in this dark hour.

Take some time to think. Are you relaxed?
Good.
For I am the shadow that lurks in the corner of your dark room. I am the watcher. My gaze pierces your dreaming mind and molests your very being. The chirping of outsider birds and crickets fall silent in terror of my nightmarish stature.

I am your fear. I take the shape of your worst unimaginable horror. Tremble in the comfort of your bed. A simple quilt cannot suppress my grotesque image and actions into your mental wellbeing.

They call you a madman now, but am I real?

Or did you dream me into your place of comfort out of choice like so many others.

You now have a newly-forced comfort. Surrounded by unfamiliar walls, the peers running your institute console you.
"You are safe here.."

But your fear will always remain with you. You are never alone in your solitary.

Just take a look behind you...

© 2011 Thomas Roarty


Author's Note

Thomas Roarty
I wrote this out of my confusion over human desire for fear.
Constructive crits only! And tell me your thoughts :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow. I am impressed.

I love the opening line... it's a real hook!

The question and single word sentence really gave me an uncomfortable jolt, and the following sentences take on that atmosphere.

My only criticism is the "However you will also remain" sentence. The phrasing there felt a little clunky against the beautiful flow of the rest of it.



Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow. I am impressed.

I love the opening line... it's a real hook!

The question and single word sentence really gave me an uncomfortable jolt, and the following sentences take on that atmosphere.

My only criticism is the "However you will also remain" sentence. The phrasing there felt a little clunky against the beautiful flow of the rest of it.



Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

well, i must say that this is fascinating...very beautiful actually, i enjoy fear being personified

Posted 13 Years Ago


Good work

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like the visual and audible effect of the outsiders who peer through the window of your soul being frightened by the shadows in the corner of your minds becoming giants.The sound of birds and insects ceasing to communicate out of horror.I read once that everyone has exactly the same emotions about completely different things.Fear is entirely individual.No stranger can understand your fear.I would like you to join a group called no sugar coatingWe could use strong writers like you.If you review any of my work please review the agenda and be honest

Posted 13 Years Ago


Thomas yo work is amazing!I am in love with you . And i agree with JazmineT reading this is like having sex yo. Readgasm much!

xxPeace out bruthaxx


Posted 13 Years Ago


reminds of sleep paralysis. Which was thought to be the devil sitting on your chest..the chemicals released with fear are the same when you have sex! oops now theres a thought :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

hey the picture u have on here for the poem is the same as one of the ones i have for my poem "are you alone" cept the window isnt barricaded. but wow i love how this ended. and how you described fear."However you will also remain frozen and powerless in the event that your suspicions are confirmed." that is amazing :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A very good interpretation of the human psyche. Very well planned out and structurally very good! A very interesting read! (:

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

449 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 10, 2011
Last Updated on January 11, 2011

Author

Thomas Roarty
Thomas Roarty

Glasgow, Lanarkshire, United Kingdom



About
Hello! My name is Thomas. I am sixteen years of age and I have just began writing for personal pleasure, I hope you enjoy my works :) I'm not 100% positive on how to define my works. Thus far they se.. more..

Writing
Dig. Dig.

A Poem by Thomas Roarty



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..