You Are My Daughter

You Are My Daughter

A Poem by Robert
"

My Daughter

"

 

 

 

 

You are of me every filament

You are everything I will never be

You have never let me down and

     have always lifted me up higher

You are strong in your spirit of life

     but tangibly not as most are.


I am of you every filament

I am everything you will never be

I have never wanted to let you down

     but the day will come when I do

I am not as strong as you in spirit

     but tangibly I am more than most.


I am determined to see to it that I

     do not lose you

You are determined to see to it that you

     will not give up

I am the voice of reason and logic

You are the voice of hope and faith.

© 2016 Robert


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is one of the most beautifully-stated messages I've read about a father-daughter relationship. Here's what makes your tribute especially appealing: You do not place yourself above your daughter, or she above you. I love the way you present each of your strengths, yet without any hidden tones of comparison or judgment. Your message uplifts you BOTH in separate & unique ways, this being culminated in the last 2 lines which are awesome. Any daughter would be totally blessed to have such a father.

Posted 8 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Robert

7 Years Ago

Tis is a very nice and thoughtful review. I really appreciate this.



Reviews

As a daughter of a rather quiet and a bit distant father, I think this is how every father feels regarding their child, especially their daughters. This was an emotional read, I think this explains why certain relationships will always be graceful over others, they are moved by unselfish motives, as yours are. There's an awe in fear and love in weaknesses, and I think that's what a Father-daughter relationship explores. This is an inspiring, and magnificent read, so pure and innocent, and sincere, amazing :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Robert

7 Years Ago

Crisom, what a lovely review you have left me with. Thank you for reading my poem and leaving such a.. read more
What a lovely tribute! As a mother, this speaks to me deeply. They are so amazing and so often a direct contrast to us. The balance is beautiful as is this poem.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Robert

7 Years Ago

Thank you for the kind thoughts.
This is one of the most beautifully-stated messages I've read about a father-daughter relationship. Here's what makes your tribute especially appealing: You do not place yourself above your daughter, or she above you. I love the way you present each of your strengths, yet without any hidden tones of comparison or judgment. Your message uplifts you BOTH in separate & unique ways, this being culminated in the last 2 lines which are awesome. Any daughter would be totally blessed to have such a father.

Posted 8 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Robert

7 Years Ago

Tis is a very nice and thoughtful review. I really appreciate this.
A lovely compliment to your daughter also reflects as a compliment to yourself. You are not afraid to say what you mean in plain language.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Robert

8 Years Ago

Thank you Norman for your insightful review. I'm never afraid what to say when it comes to my family.. read more
this is beautiful - love the last two lines and can so relate with my two daughters :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Robert

8 Years Ago

This is a very personal piece, I'm sure you understand with two daughter yourself. Thank you for the.. read more
Children grow up to be their parents in many ways. They are man's answer to immortality.

I can see that you love your daughter to pieces and it is reciprocated exactly the same way, if not more. A very touching piece. It's filled with affection, some levels of uncertainty and most of all your determination to protect and care for her forever. Beautiful :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Robert

8 Years Ago

thank you for the thought out review you have left for me.
What a beautiful testament to your daughter. How could she not treasure such a gift.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Robert

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much Pathtaken.
Yes, I rather like this poem. It has great strength and lovely sentiment.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Robert

8 Years Ago

I am glad you liked it, and thank you for the review.
Good poem and well written, but the poem without the caption you provided for WC readers, " Hope, faith, love, Daughter" is not easily intelligible. Now if the title had been "My Daughter" or something similar it becomes more universal. Just a suggestion.


Posted 8 Years Ago


Robert

8 Years Ago

Thank you for you time and reading this poem.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

4866 Views
142 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 9 Libraries
Added on May 14, 2015
Last Updated on May 21, 2016

Author

Robert
Robert

About
I tend to look at the brighter side of life but I also question much. I don't write often, if I'm lucky I write a poem a month and it takes weeks at times to get it where I want. I don't have the pati.. more..

Writing
Our Song Our Song

A Poem by Robert



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..