You Are My Daughter

You Are My Daughter

A Poem by Robert
"

My Daughter

"

 

 

 

 

You are of me every filament

You are everything I will never be

You have never let me down and

     have always lifted me up higher

You are strong in your spirit of life

     but tangibly not as most are.


I am of you every filament

I am everything you will never be

I have never wanted to let you down

     but the day will come when I do

I am not as strong as you in spirit

     but tangibly I am more than most.


I am determined to see to it that I

     do not lose you

You are determined to see to it that you

     will not give up

I am the voice of reason and logic

You are the voice of hope and faith.

© 2016 Robert


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is one of the most beautifully-stated messages I've read about a father-daughter relationship. Here's what makes your tribute especially appealing: You do not place yourself above your daughter, or she above you. I love the way you present each of your strengths, yet without any hidden tones of comparison or judgment. Your message uplifts you BOTH in separate & unique ways, this being culminated in the last 2 lines which are awesome. Any daughter would be totally blessed to have such a father.

Posted 8 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Robert

8 Years Ago

Tis is a very nice and thoughtful review. I really appreciate this.



Reviews

Such a beautiful poem ... as families, we complete each other, each with their flaws and each with their respective talents, filling the areas where we lack.



Posted 8 Years Ago


Robert

8 Years Ago

Thank you for reviewing many of my poems and thank you for your insight and thoughts on this piece.
Fabulous, emotive, original poetry with that special sense of delight and style. This is truly my favorite kind of poetic writing. It tickles, it elates, it imagines itself into reality.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Robert

8 Years Ago

I am so glad that you liked it. Thank you for the review and compliment.
Ah ... it's good to back to your work again, Robert!

Well... very beautiful & evocatively magnificent poetry you've come up with that's splashing the beauty - the faith - the glamour of love around the world. Poetically beautiful write. Enjoyed reading it.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Robert

8 Years Ago

Thanks Adams I appreciate the compliment very much.
I like this poem, and the concept of how people can compliment each other. I really like how the first two stanzas are parallel.

I wonder, is there a way to make the third stanza fit a little more? You do it in the last two lines--"I am..."then "You are..." Can you do that switch in the first part of the stanza somehow?

That's very fine tuning. It's a beautiful poem.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Robert

8 Years Ago

Thank you for the review Viola.
Such a beautiful, lovefilled poem! Even when I don't have chidlren, I can get the feeling in this. I have always been an only child, and lived with just my mother, and this reminds me so much of her words she has ever told me. How much you love your child is touching, fills me with emotions and makes me smile. That's one lucky kido. Good job, as always!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Robert

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your very kind review.
You have shown such conviction and love throw out this elegant piece. Thank you for recommending this.

Insight.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Robert

8 Years Ago

Thank you Insight for the thoughtful review.
Insight "MH"

8 Years Ago

You are mostly welcome.
Very nicely penned poem expressing your love and admiration for your daughter. It's a very beautiful poem. Well done!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Robert

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much Francis.
I can feel your determination to take care of her. She is very different and very valuable to you. Very authentic.

I too have a daughter. My relationship to her is complex. I would love to feel the way you do.

Well done.

Could you read mine, thank you.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Robert

8 Years Ago

Thank you for the review.
lovely dedication to your daughter, beautifully written

Posted 8 Years Ago


Robert

8 Years Ago

Thank you for the review Shei.
Beautiful. I love the honesty, the weakness and yet the commitment to strength. Very nice!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Robert

8 Years Ago

Thank you faith, I'm glad you noticed that while reading it.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

4866 Views
142 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 9 Libraries
Added on May 14, 2015
Last Updated on May 21, 2016

Author

Robert
Robert

About
I tend to look at the brighter side of life but I also question much. I don't write often, if I'm lucky I write a poem a month and it takes weeks at times to get it where I want. I don't have the pati.. more..

Writing
Our Song Our Song

A Poem by Robert



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..