All For Him

All For Him

A Story by Jen
"

One woman's encounter with God.

"

 

            Everywhere she looked she saw silver. The walls were gilt with it. Tables and chairs were draped with it. In front of her was a little crown.
            “Put it on,” He whispered.
            Trembling, she reached for it and set it on her head. Behind her, all around her, He beamed and smiled and the silver shone. She was beautiful in her faded jeans and her old sweatshirt, the crown sitting at an angle on her unkempt hair.
            “Is it really mine?” her voice shook as she turned to face him.
            “My daughter,” love surrounded her and He said no more.
            ***
            She sat up suddenly, her eyes sticky with sleep. The words of her prayer still ringing in her head from before she fell asleep, she stretched. A princess, she thought, but God had chosen her right? She had wanted a sign, a dream, an answer. A soft clunk caught her attention as she leaned over and saw the small silver crown sitting skewed on the floor where it fell.

© 2009 Jen


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow. this is good. it gave me the chills! :)

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 20, 2009
Last Updated on June 1, 2009

Author

Jen
Jen

Minneapolis, MN



About
I write. Short stories, flash fiction, novels, some poetry. I'm 37, married with 2 children and a cat. I had a short story put up on the Flash Fiction Offensive webzine, Second. And I just release.. more..

Writing
Antique Clock Antique Clock

A Story by Jen