Spoiled little princess

Spoiled little princess

A Poem by The Outlaws' Song
"

Just an old poem...

"

 

Once upon a time there was a little spoiled princess

Who lived in her small ginger-bread castle

Waiting for her knight she used to spend her days

But also thinking of the world outside her kingdom

 

One night she dreamt about her knight calling her name

And when the dawn cracked she ran away to conquer the world

She didn’t know there was no label on her face saying she was a princess

She thought people would never harm her, wound her, humble her.

 

She thought she was to meet her rider outside the gate

But the brave white knight wasn’t there for her

For she, poor little princess, had to find he was an illusion

A dream made up by her, ‘cause she thought she deserved it all.

 

Left alone, outside the door, she walked roads without goal

She thought the world was a yellow, red and orange circle

Faithlessly she took for granted she could find all by herself

Her young brave white knight riding a small wild and black horse.

 

But quickly the colored circle turned into a maze

And the spoiled princess got lost among frenzy beasts

She got bitten and she bled, she learned to kneel and pray

Sharpened word-swords tore her tiny soul and she discovered time

 

Rivers of tears flooded the lines that cracked her once young face

Because time’s mark is never late but always in a hurry

She learned she’d had an angel on her shoulder but with demons she pushed him away

She remembered her parents, the sweet castle and her knight.

 
 
 

She saw that only youth could turn gray into yellow, red and orange,

That only spoiled minds could see in lonely roads a circle

Eventually she realized there was no label on her face

And that was why people didn’t care a bit about her fate.

 

She turned her head and crying she walked back

But the way she’d been walking seemed to be so cold and strange

She found out that her goal was barely a dream, an unreal brave knight

She looked around, there was no knight but only darkness, night.

 

Then she stopped, she kneeled and prayed

She begged the Lord to let her die right there

She kept the faith that maybe in dreams she’d find her man

But the Lord said “No” and the poor princess found the way back home.

 
 

Surprised she saw there wasn’t a sweet little castle anymore

But there were thorns, bushes, a precipice and beasts

She fell again into her knees, she called the Lord

But He again said: “No, I won’t take your life away from you”.

 

The little spoiled princess was punished to her death to keep looking

For her very brave knight and in every man to see her illusion

She learnt not to believe in dreams, not to disrespect the rest

Cause life can’t read your label and people don’t care about your fate.

© 2008 The Outlaws' Song


Author's Note

The Outlaws' Song
I'm not sure i'm done with this piece...We shall see...It's an old poem, i wrote it 2 or 3 years ago.
Some people say I am the Spoiled Little Princess but i don't think so...
Looking forward to read your reviews:)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I think that this piece is metaphorical....or maybe that's just me reading too much into it. Like each element represents something. It's very sad and sweet but interesting and all together a good read. I especially like the label concept, that there was no label telling the world that she was a princess part. It seems to say that to someone you might be one person, to another, someone else. But then again, I could be reading too much into it!
Anyway, another fantastic poem by Outlaw's song! :3

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This reminds me of the Cinderella Syndrome where a man saves the woman. In reality the woman has to be whole first. Your poem like story was very true to life with all of its disappointments all the way down to returning to childhood. Well done.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a real interesting piece because it evokes both feeling of disdain and pity for the princess. She's a spoiled little thing who grew up in a rich house, and for that reason, maybe it is justified to feel jealousy towards her. But is her real crime anything besides idealism? Should a person truly be punished, simply for wanting a fairy tale world where they are swept off of thier feet their one true love, spending the rest of their lives in a world of peach trees and white picket fences? Is this real world, simply an inferior copy of far grander, eternal set of forms, as Plato thought, and are those people, whom we euphemistically call "realists" nothing more than people with their heads in the dirt?

I hate to say it, but I kind of saw myself in the spoiled little princess. So many times I thought I was on the road to a fairy tale world and so many times something just came along to destroy it (sometimes that something was my own stupidity), and the only thing I could think of was how unjust this world was for giving humans the ability to dream about things that it could never fulfill. It makes you wonder sometimes if the creator is anything more than a sadist who enjoys building people up before s/he kicks them down.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A brilliant piece on the illusion of what life should be and to what it can actually be. Well written. I like. Good work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was a fantastic story. The metophor usage was brilliant... !

Life's journey, not as easy as we would like it to be, and the only one who can save us,
lives within.

again, i point out self love. and faith. true faith never fails, but most of us don't have true faith. we say we do, but do we? we're doubt lives, faith cannot.

i agree, i would love to see where the princess is now, since it's been a few years. if you decide to write a sequel, i would be honored if you'd send me a RR for it. I'd love to read it! :)

Excellent work .... as is always the case with your writing!


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a good poem - it works like an extended metaphor - sometimes we have to go out into the world to appreciate all that we have - or at least this is the meaning I brought to the piece.
I liked your use of imagery - it was very vivid and creative. Your diction is also good. All in all this is a very well written poem.
You say that this is an old poem - is it worth revisiting it? Could you write about where said princess finds herself now? This is just an idea though.
Congrats on this write.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

An interesting story! Seeing/learning reality is never easy particularily for those who have been protected from it. This does not read as if it was written by a "spoiled little princess" it reads more as if done by a princess with a good mind.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like this write very much so, some great metaphors in your write as well.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I would have liked to see more about this princess. Truly her story would have been better written in a story. When you wrote the red, orange, and yellow circles it reminded me of Dorothy and when she set out on the yellow brick road.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think that this piece is metaphorical....or maybe that's just me reading too much into it. Like each element represents something. It's very sad and sweet but interesting and all together a good read. I especially like the label concept, that there was no label telling the world that she was a princess part. It seems to say that to someone you might be one person, to another, someone else. But then again, I could be reading too much into it!
Anyway, another fantastic poem by Outlaw's song! :3

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

628 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on April 10, 2008
Last Updated on May 30, 2008

Author

The Outlaws' Song
The Outlaws' Song

Somewhere over the rainbow...Bucharest, Romania



About
I was born on the25th of May,1988-a sunny spring day meant to bring joy and happiness in my family. I grew up in Romania, took piano classes from the age of 7 to the age of 14. I wrote the first poem .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..