Last Words

Last Words

A Story by Laura Van Dyk
"

She was beautiful. She was perfect. We met in a mental Institution and I loved her. But now it's over. Now it's all gone. And I'm going to tell you how it all happened.

"

Last Words
Laura Van Dyk

Crack! I could feel the bones in my nose shatter under the pressure of his punch. I take another blow to the face before I swing back at him, with such force that I hear my shoulder rocket out of place, and his dislodge as well.
“You’re not winning this one Angeregas,” he says. “ Give up you son of a w***e. I saw your mom last night, gave her a whole two bucks, had some fun.” As I saw him coming down the street 5 minutes ago, I tried walking faster, hoping he wouldn't notice me. In fear that today he’d make me punch my last fist.
When the fight started, that’s when they came, that’s when they always come, talking louder than everyone at sight. Extracting me from reality and throwing me into utter darkness, long extents of time I stay there, thinking, dreaming of a better place, and a better life for my family. I’ve got into so many fights and feuds when the voices take me over. That’s what I’m in now, my tomorrow, my quiet place. What my physical body is doing at this moment is out of my control. Maybe I’m laying on the sidewalk of the street I walk every day, dying. Maybe I’ve overcome the fight and it’s him on the street side. All I know is that I can’t stop the voices, they come and go, at raging moments, making choices of mine in seconds. Then when I awake, all I can hear is them saying that I did it once again.
I can now feel them disappearing, as if they had never come. But coming back to my senses, I see the picture laid out before me. In my hand I see what was once in my back pocket. And what is now flowing onto the street, came from within the boys body. Seven impelling oozing holes are in his neck, his heart rised toward to heaven. Kneeling beside the corpse, the blood is seeping through my clothes and as it hits my skin I pause and wonder; what happened to this poor guy. The knife in which caused this atrocious scene lay beside the victim's neck. Who could do such a thing?
I see both adults and children gathering to see the horrid crime.
“It’s okay,” I try to say as I get up and away from the body. But the people nearby step back. I keep trying to tell everyone that the murderer is gone, but no one listens. I understand that I’m covered in the blood, but they must believe that I could never have done this.
Police and ambulances come, but there’s no one to catch, and no one to save. They’re both gone. My job is done here, not that I did much.
I better get home, my mom is never home anymore, so it’s pretty much just my little sister and I. She’s 10 now, but so pure and innocent that I can hardly believe she’s from the same family. Well I guess she’s not from the same family, but she’s closer to me than anyone. I’m almost 18, and as soon as I am, I’m going to take her far away; to start a new life. I can’t let her turn into my mom, that’s not how someone should be. It gets me so mad when my mom leaves the house, then comes back the next day with another man. Again and again it happens, she always says that it’s real and it’ll work. But it never does.

Halfway down the street heading home and I feel myself topple down onto the grey cement, with weight heavier than me keeping me down. In the next 4 seconds the whole world’s spinning, shackles are put on my hands, and 3 big men are telling me to move and not to make any sudden moves. Where are we going? Why do they want me? When can I go home? How long will we be? I need to go! Maybe I can overtake them, my sister needs me. 1, 2, 3…….. GO! I spring at them. They weren’t expecting that now were they? No one’s gonna stop me now! I pick myself up ever so quick they don’t even have time to adjust their positions. Now I’m off, running down the street I walk every day, at full speed and I’m aiming everything at my one goal. Getting home. Down a back alley, through a store, and onto another street. Four more blocks and I’m safe. They wouldn’t dare intrude me in my own home… Would they? Why is…. Everything soo……. ahh……..
I feel a sharp pain in the lower part of my back, but it’s only there for a moment. My muscles tense,and the world starts to leave my mind, and I find my vision tunneling into blackness. This can’t be the end I tell myself, I can’t just give up. But I do.

I wake up in a strange place, people are staring at me through bars. Tall concrete walls surround me, and a tiny window in the corner letting in only enough light to illuminate a sink, bed, and toilet in a small, cold room. Least a dozen people are looking at me, all of them wearing bright orange jumpsuits, and death pleads in their eyes. NO. NO! I can’t stay here! I can’t, I can’t, I cannot. I pick myself up off the floor and begin pounding at the bars that lead to the hallway, and the men who’re starting at me.
“Let me out! Take me out of here!” They mock me, talking about me. I just know it, I’ve not been here awake more than 15 minutes and they’re already disgraced by me. They’ll see what I’m capable of, that’s what I’ll do; I will mislead them to think that I am a scared like a rat in a cat cradle. With a plan anchored in my mind, I go and ‘coward’ in my bed. They won’t know what’s coming when I strike. Haha I’ll kill them all! HAHA and.. And.. I will get out of here……

My mom never let me have a sleepover, in fear of what happens at night. She’s never told me what exactly happens but it’s bad enough that I need to be locked into my room from 7-7. ‘Things get dangerous,’ is all she says. But I guess it really wouldn’t matter how late I stayed out, no one cares about me enough wonder where I am. I don’t even think anyone knows where I am right now, the police have no way of knowing my connections with anyone in the outside world. Which is a good thing, my family can’t be any more connected to this than they are now.
I never met my dad, he left when I was born. My mom said that he supported us until they officially split and she could get money from the government. My mom said that it was hard to distance themselves, but it was for the better of both their lives. He apparently got abused a lot when he was a child from his father and mother, and then had been bullied in school. A lot of people say I’m going to turn into him, I get that my mom’s pretty much the city s**t, and last anyone heard of my dad was that he was in prison for murder. But this doesn’t mean that this is how my life or my sisters will turn out. After a while I start to slide into my dream state, I like it there, where I don’t get hurt, and where I can be myself. But now I don’t feel peace, I feel rage.

Two people are walking up to me, a man and woman, they don't speak, but I know what they think.They’re plotting to attack, to attack me. Not directly, but my family, I feel the anger piling up in me, they’re gonna do no such thing. In rage I thrust my whole body at them, swinging at blind will. But as I do, the one I thought was a girl suddenly sheds of her body into a dark figure. She reveals a green 6 inch blade from under her shadowy cloak, and flings it at my chest. With no strength to stop her, the blade drives itself into my rib cage and finds my heart. Still with her hand wrapped around the handle, she pulls down and it tears me open. Her other hand runs into my body and rips my heart out, the veins are pulled from their place and blood runs down my body like a waterfall. With a startled jolt I jump out of my prison bed. My hand automatically reaches to my heart, it’s there, I look down and I’m put at some ease. With a deep breath I settle myself back onto my bed. I look out my window and it’s dark. Resting my head back onto my flat pillow, I close my eyes, and fall asleep.

It’s been awhile since I got put in here. I’ve gotten a reputation over the past couple weeks, like now I can’t even be without at least two guards when around other inmates. I’ve put two out of commision, and three in severe injury recovery rooms.
Two guards came to my room, where I usually spent most of my time, and told me that today was my trial. I sit on my bed thinking of where my life will be if I get sentenced to prison forever.
The guards come and lead me down the long hallway of the building. The walls are white, and it’s never warm. It smells of blood, sweat, and rage flows in the air. I don’t think they clean this place more than twice a year. Looking through the bars are angry men, curious of where I’m heading with two escorts.
We get into a dark blue truck, one guard on each side of me, and two in the front. As we drive down a long road, the sun shines hot onto the dusty road, and perspiration is all I can smell. It’s midday and for miles all there is to see is a long road surrounded by sand.
It takes 2 hours to get to our destination, by then it’s not as hot, but the sun still scorches the ground. When I get ordered to leave the truck, it feels as if my whole face burns off from the heat. Like opening a hot oven.
The building that they’re leading me to is huge, the windows reaching every part of it with a dark tint. We go through hallways of doors, until we come to a receptionist, the two guards ask her something, and before I know it we’re off to another endless hallway. Finally arriving to the room in which we need to be, they sit down beside me again, and it begins.
They asked me questions, and I answered them as true as I could remember. They questioned my memory, insisting that over a dozen different people saw that I was the cause of the poor guys soul. I could never even attempt to try such a horrific thing. At the end of the trial they declared me mentally ill, and are sending me to an asylum! I’m not crazy, nor do I need to go to a mental hospital! I should scream, I could resist. But I just sit there waiting. Staring down at the floor and speaking not a word.

It’s a long way from the courthouse to the Lilypad Water Mental Asylum. What kind of name is that anyway? The institution isn’t even on the mainland. Actually it’s not even on land, but a cement, man made island. I’ve watched movies in which places like this look haunted, it’s always raining and gloomy. But this place….. Isn’t much different. The building looks like a boarding school from the past. Three domes rest atop it for the roof, and windows cover a huge space high above the doors. The whole place rests on a cement slab, in the Gulf of Mexico. 300 miles away from the nearest city, Galveston. The boat I’m on stops, and we dock. Once I get helped off, someone comes and instructs me to my room.

My quarters consist of a white sheeted bed that is against the wall across the entry door. A wooden bed side table is to its right with a lamp, and clock atop it. A dresser and desk are on opposite walls of each other, both made of wood. In between the table, desk and bed is a little red rug, that matches the frame around the mirror above the dresser. It’s actually a really cute and warm felt room, but I guess that’s the idea, it’s supposed to feel calming; since ya know, we’re all crazy. The walls are cream with a white floor, and the only natural light is from the smallest window above my bed.

In my room, I’m cold and lonely. They’ve put me into a mental hospital, and I don’t know how long I’ll be in here. In the prison, it was different, they were scared of me. Here though, I’m scared, I’m so scared. People everywhere are mad, angry and insanity flows through the air. I never want to leave my room, never want to see people. Just let me die in here, alone. Perhaps the rest of my life I’ll be here, but I suppose it’s fine. I’m nothing but a murderer, a danger to the world, and it’s okay if I spent the rest of my horrid life in this room. I hate this place, there’s only one thing I enjoy the whole day, and that’s going outside. I’ve never liked the outdoors, but here it’s different. When I’m outside of the hospital it feels like I’m living, like I’m back home. Even though there are guards everywhere watching us, and a fence surrounding the entire yard, I still enjoy it. Most days I sit by the pond, there’s a duck and I spent most of my free hours watching it swim around. It’s trapped, bound to this small pond, in the middle of a cage.

Today, just like everyday, everyone in my section of the hospital is outside. I’ve been watching the duck at the pond for the last 2 hours. It swims so gracefully, like it doesn’t even know how trapped it is. I get up from my spot, and walk over to the trees, by a path that goes around them all.
Looking upon the sky I’m thinking, what would life be like if I was normal, if I didn’t have this so called problem. I have rage spells and my psychotic episodes get in the way of living.
My thoughts get interrupted by someone running into my back, I feel my body give way but I catch myself just before hitting the ground. I turn to my left and see a girl fall onto the grass, she lays on her back and stares as in a daze. I catch myself studying her. She has raven black hair which is up in a ponytail, and strands fall onto her tan skinned face.
“I… I’m sorry,” she said without emotion. I try to say something nice, but I can’t make out any words.
So all I come up with is, “I-I-it’s okay.” Oh that was horrible, why did I say that? Why? She rolls her eyes at my response, and I feel uncomfortable in this situation.
“Are you new?” She quickly says, as if trying to over the odd sensation between us.
I laugh as I say, “Yeah….Uh..Huh, I uh, came here a couple days ago actually.” Okay, that’s better, maybe I can actually communicate without sound like a complete idiot.
The conversation drifts to an awkward silenced stare, until she walks away. I am SUCH an idiot! Yeah why don’t you just kill me already? Ughhhhhhh, why didn’t I keep the conversation going?? She’s soo pretty and cute….. What am I doing? I need to stop, I can’t like anyone. Why can’t I though? Oh right because I’m crazy and soo stupid.. Why in the world couldn’t I talk to this gorgeous girl? I should have caught her, it could have been a love story. I need to grow some balls, and find this amazing girl. I’ll introduce myself we’ll fall in love and get married, when we get out of this hell. We’ll have beautiful babies, and live happily ever after. She’ll be my new beginning. Hmmmmmmmmm.. That’s what I’ll do.

I sit it my bed, still thinking of the beautiful girl I had the privilege of meeting today. I don’t know where I’ll or when I’ll get to see her again. But I know that I need to. It’s lights out, and I hope I dream of her.
I don’t dream of her. Well actually I do, but not in the way I would like to.
I meet her in the trees of the institution, it looks the same. Save for one thing, there’s no people except her, and I. She looks just as gorgeous as when I saw her for the first time today, but there’s something different. Something about her eyes, they’re not hers. When I met her, they were as rich as the earth’s soil, deep pools of dark-cinnamon swirls that warms up the soul with just one glance. But now they’re grey and dull. Her skin too is also pale, and bags lay under her eyes. She walks toward me with a smile, but it’s not like the one I saw earlier today. Upon her face is a garment of dread and sorrow, as if she’s just murdered a loved one.
Then as if my dream skips a scene, my head is suddenly laying in her lap. But that’s just it, it’s only my head, the rest of my body is under an oak tree near by. With my blue eyes still displayed to the world, blood gushes out of my neck onto her long pearly white dress. Her hands cradle my black hair, and a tear falls on my cheek. As if out of nowhere, she scream in rage, and throws my head into the pond. She cripples onto the ground and tears drown her. Her face has turned red and she fights, punching at the ground, and burying herself in the red stains of her dress.
I drift away into the clouds, until she turns into only a speck. I float through the land, atop a cloud, as if a ghost. I don’t feel pain, nor anger, I feel free. More alive than I ever felt when my heart still beat. Now the whole earth is under my feet, and I’m flying into space. My normal instinct would be to hold my breath, but I don’t, all normal thoughts have disappeared, and I feel such peace. Memories of my whole life flash before my eyes, as a baby to when I die. Each one has such a unique emotion. It’s beautiful.
A loud horn goes off and I awake. My routine every morning here has became an ordinary. Horn blows, get out of bed, get ready for breakfast, and last go to the cafeteria where I get my scrub.
I’ve been thinking about that dream I had last night, what is it supposed to mean? Should I trust that girl I met? Of course I can haha, I mean it is just a dream after all…… Right? Yeah. Right.

I need to find her today, actually talk to her, get to know her. Ohhhhh, I hope I didn’t kill the only chance I had with her yesterday. I’m so stupid! Just stare at a chick ya just met why don’t you. MMMMMMMMMMMM.
Down at the cafeteria I start looking around for that silky black hair, but we don’t get much time for leisure in the morning so I hurry to get my food and sit down.
We get “free time” after our first therapy session of the day, so I hurry and eat, because the quicker you get through the session, the fast and longer you get for leisure time. As I finish my plate, of what they call food atop it, a woman comes up to me.
“Excuse me sir, but are you Huan Carlos Angeregas?”
“Um, yeah, why?” I say.
“I just came to inform you that you’ve been switched into a group therapy with Kevin. Room 124B, same time.” With that she nods, and walks away. A group therapy with Kevin? Great. Just great. 7y

I entered the room to chatter, I’ve seen most of these people around, but never talk with any.
“Just look for the chair with ur name on it.” A lady says to me, quickly getting back to her paperwork.
I start to examine the chairs around the room for one with my name on it, and I find it in the last row of chairs, at the back wall. I’m a few minutes early so I look at the environment around me. It’s a fairly big room, with around 20 chairs and a stool at the front. By the door is the woman who told me how to find my seat, scuffling with her papers. The walls are pretty blank at a light blue tone, the only thing on them is
white board at the front.
Ohhhh……. OH NO. It’s her, it’s really her! Be cool, be calm, don’t stare! Ahhhhhhhh. I try to keep myself from looking for too long, but only giving little glances. Her hair is in a bun, and though everyone has pretty much the same type of clothes here, she dresses the best. OH help me! She sits down right in front of me. Ahhh, should I say hi? She might not even remember me. Like she’s soo pretty, guys all around must talk to her. I wouldn’t be surprised if she had a guy and I’m just killing myself over nothing. Well even so, at least we could be friends… Right? I need to use the time I’ve got, and that’s right now! Or else I could be here my whole life and not get a word with her!
I try to say something but I can’t, the words are in my brain, but my mouth won't cooperate. Which possibly may be okay right at the moment, because I’d probably ramble about nothing and make an even bigger fool of myself.
I sit there, hardly even thinking about what the man in the the front is saying. All I can think about is what I can say to her. She reaches up to her bun and undoes it, her hair falls down to the back of the chair and as my eyes automatically follow the flow, I see something on the back of her chair. A name tag! In big black sharpy it says ‘Rebecca,’ that must be her name. What a beautiful name, just like her. Okay so now when I go to talk to her should I state her name? Of course not, that’ll make me look like a stalker…. Well.. Then should I pretend I’m clueless? I guess I could just say a saw the name tag… But.. But.. What if that’s not even her name? What if that’s someone else's……. UGHHHHHH.. I’m just gonna end up not talking to her, ever! And one day I’m gonna die of old age and be thinking in the last breaths of my life, why in the whole damn world didn’t I even try to talk to her???
As I’m thinking this everyone in the class turns around to the seat behind them, her hair falls off the top of her chair onto her shoulder as she turns in her chair, our eyes meet, and my face goes blank.
“Uh.. h-h-hi,” she says bluntly. Ahhhhhh she talked, she spoke, to me!!! What now, what now?? OH no.. Oh noo. I’m gonna say something stupid I just know it! WHY WHY WHY WHYYYYY do I have to be so awkward??? Be cool, be calm. She’s looking right at you…….. Thoughts are racing through my mind like a bullet through air. I need to say something or I’m gonna look like I hate her…….. Trying to form even a simple hello in my mouth feels like an accomplishment of which I’ll never complete.
Finally after a moment of the worst few seconds of my life, I mange to splurt out a small hi. At least I thought it was gonna be quiet, but it ends up being really loud and I’ll be killing myself for the rest of my life now. She glaceses at Kevin which is observing the conversations around the class, I can sense the tension between us as we both share smiles but no words. Kevin begins to talk again, and I feel myself take a breath which I didn’t notice I had held.

Most wouldn’t see it in me, but ever since a child, I’ve loved to read. Just recently I found out that there’s a library here, and where it is. I’m crouched down looking for a good book at the back wall, when I hear a familiar voice; Rebecca. Looking up I see her big brown eyes through an empty space in the bookshelf.
“Hey um why are you here?” She asks as if irritated with my being here.
“I’m just.. Uh.. I like to read.” I say trying to sound casual.
“ Oh… duh sorry I guess I’m just usually alone when I come here so you.. Um… startled me, sorry,” She quickly responds. Her being flustered makes me smile, and she returns one.
“What kinda books do you like?” I ask, to get rid of the awkwardness.
We go on about what type of books we like, all the way to the most randomest stuff we’ve done. By the end of 2 hours, it’s like Rebecca was a childhood friend. She told me about how she got here, and so did I. She was jealous of a friend for being prettier than her, and slashed her face with a razor blade. That’s quite the story if I say so myself, but I don’t know how anyone could be prettier than her. As she talks, all I can think about is how gorgeous she is.
The bell rings, which means to which activity. We’re told to go and run, or do something other than talk. We decide to go to outside for some fresh air. We exchange are goodbyes, and I go to the basketball court .
I’ve noticed that Rebecca always runs around the same path, but today she changes that routine and runs by the basketball court. Every few minutes I see her jog by on the dusty path. The way she moves her body as she runs has such an affect on me, that I lose concentration on the game.
After about 20 minutes of play, the guys get tired and we end the game. I want to talk to her more, so I continue to shoot hoops until the next time she comes around.
I see her looking at me, putting down my basketball I smile and walk over towards her. I go behind her and wrap my arms around her small figure, kissing her cheek. She giggles as a child on Christmas day, and the mere sound of her voice fills me with delight. She’s such a princess, such a beauty to this world. I hold her tight as she wraps her small fingers around my hands.
“You’re gorgeous, you know that right?” I say to her as she twirls underneath my hands, and we dance. She replies with a soft laugh and a thank you, as we each gaze into each other's eyes.

It’s been a couple weeks since I met Rebecca, we’ve gotten to know each other so well. She’s a dream, a beautiful amazing dream. I lay in my bed, thinking about today. I do believe it’s been the best day of my life. Rebecca…….. I could name off hours and hours of things about her. I float into a deep sleep with her on my mind.
I hear my doorbell ring while watching TV on my couch. As I stand up, I wonder to myself who it could be, as I’m not expecting any company. As I approach the door, I see through the stained glass beside the door, that it’s her. It was her that I wanted to see again for so long. I open the door with a smile upon my face, welcoming her in, bringing a beautiful smile to her lips.
I ask her, “what brings you here today? Is there anything I can help you with?” She replies no with a smile, and it warms my heart. Just to see that gorgeous smile displayed on her face.
I go to the kitchen to grab some drinks, as I walk past a window I see outside that it’s raining and my car windows are lowered. Quickly I rush out to close them. She follows me out. My dream shifts and suddenly viewing it from a different perspective.
She slowly walks behind me, and unsheathes a knife from her shirt sleeve. Soaked, I raise the car windows and as I turn around, I gasp. I see her, still smiling, as her arm reaches out to him. Looking down to my chest, I feel a sharp pain, one that is unbearable. It’s a knife. She had stabbed me. Not only was the pain of the knife in my chest lethal, but her smile. I fall to the ground, stab wound in my chest, and my blood following the rain waters path. I notice her smile had started to fade, she walks away, and leave me in the rain.

“NOOOO!” I wake up yelling. Panting I take a deep breath and try to relax. It’s just a dream…..Rebecca…….. Oh please tell me I can trust her! Oh please!! My thoughts run wild for the rest of the night, and I can hardly keep from screaming.

I rise way before the horn goes off, I sit in my bed and ponder. Why?? Is it true? I can’t. I couldn’t….. NOOOOOOOO!! I scream! Tons of people heard it I’m sure. But I don’t care. I can’t do it! Ahhhhh!!!

I see her, sitting two tables to my left in the cafeteria, she looks at me but I continue to look down at my food. What am I supposed to say? I love her. I don’t touch my food. And I don’t speak. Not even to the group of boys surrounding me, of which I’ve became friends with. I get up and walk over to the far trash station, she rushes up and tries to catch up to me. She looks at me as if desperately search for any sign of emotion. Truth be told, I couldn’t explain what I’m feeling if I tried. I stand in front of her there unmoving. Her eyes glimmering as she looks at me.
“Hey can we talk, alone?” She asks nodding us out the cafeteria. I can’t create a word, so all I blurt out is, yeah. I know that was a mistake, but my emotions are stoned. Rebecca runs out, but I'm quick on her tail. She finally stops at a tall, oak tree outside. I try to speak. Try to say something to let her I’m okay, that we’re okay. But I can’t. She looks at me for a long time, until finally saying something.
“Why are you being like this? The past few weeks have been amazing, well to me maybe not you. Why are you all the sudden distant? Did I upset you? Am I not enough for you?” She jumps at me, expressing all the emotions that have been stirring in my mind as well. I did know that we’ve been growing distant, I didn’t mean to. But I couldn’t help and think of all the dreams I’ve had. Her eyes glaze over, and I tear falls onto her cheek. I want to wipe it away, but I can’t move. I’m dying inside. But I feel as if my face doesn’t even show emotion right now.
“What do you mean? Rebecca I love you, I do it’s just… Nothing… Uh … Why are you mad?” I finally manage to spew out. I’m so scared. I love Rebecca, she remids me of my sister, they’re my whole world. Please Rebecca, please talk to me…..
“Why am I mad? Seriously Carlos! Wow I didn’t think our relationship meant that little to you that you didn't even notice it crumbling away! I’m the only one trying here! You are away in your own world while I sit here, surrounded by crazy people, waiting for you to love me. Why don’t you love me?” Her voice cracks, and she looks broken. I look at her, scared, Rebecca please stop. I’m all of a sudden overwhelmed with emotions, and I yell.
“S-s-stop yelling at me-e-e!” I can’t take it! I used to remember my parents fight like this. For hours my sister and I would hide in the pantry, waiting until the fights were over, and it was safe to come out…….. I take a deep breath, and with my feelings distorted I try to ask.
“Why are you mad at me I did nothing. Maybe we got into this to fast? Why are we fighting? We need to stop, please!” I can’t take it anymore, tears pour forth as I place my hands on her shoulder and look directly into her eyes. I lose control and shout at her.
“Stop! Stop! Stop fighting! Stop your words are like fire! Stop!” Tears run down my face like a river down a mountain side. Her eyes are red and lips quiver. I love her. But this needs to stop! I can’t take it anymore! In a rage I throw her back to a tree.
“Carlos? Babe are you there?” She speaks but I can hardly hear her. Over and over in my head all I can see is my parents fighting. My dad would sometimes even hit my mother. Once I tried to confront him, and in turn for that he slapped my sister and I. I press hard against Rebecca’s fragile body, my eyes now hardly on her at all but looking into the past. To when I was a little boy and hid. I don’t hide anymore. No one’s ever going to hurt me again! My hands crawl up her body, and are now at her neck. I grip hard at her airway, and hold tight. Her face starts to lose color, yet I hold on. She scratches at my hands around her neck, but I’m too strong for her. Her tan skin getting whiter with each passing second.
“Babe please stop! Look at me! I’m still here, I still love you I…” She tries to make me let go but I don’t. I can feel gravity start to take her body. I hold harder. Her hands loosens around mine, she’s given up. She tries to speak, but all that comes out is a rasp, and then…. Nothing….
My hands fall from her warm body, and all I hear is her hit the earth. I dare not look. I can’t look. But I feel my eyes flooding with tears, and I fall beside her. Her beautiful hair in her face, and her brown eyes matching the soil. Weeps come from within and I throw them unto the world, I have nothing to live for. I-I-I’ve watched the only person on this world that I care about die. And I am her murderer. Tears now come at full force, cascading down my cheeks.
“WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY????????????????????????” The whole world must hear it. My sorrow. My last words.







© 2017 Laura Van Dyk


Author's Note

Laura Van Dyk
Im going to be posting an extended version of this story in late Novemer-early December. Now I just want to know what are some things you'd like to see in this story. And things to make it better.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
Added on September 27, 2017
Last Updated on September 28, 2017
Tags: Scary, sad, anger, cute, romance, mentaly insain, crazy, schizophrenia, guys, girls, love