For the life of me.

For the life of me.

A Story by Jayme Kasper
"

She is beautiful, she is perfect. For some one that is 209 years old. This is the story of Arianna. she was numb to the world till she met vincent. now shes learning to live again.

"
I stood there by my big front window of my living room. Watching the sun creep slowly into the sky as the moon sank low beneath the restless cities out line. The suns finger tips touching everything, bringing it back to life. Making my skin tingle and itch.
Shutting the blinds, I walk into the bathroom and crank the old radio up, and hoped into a nice cold shower. And then getting dressed. Like any normal- well normal for me- day, but this morning on the way out to get breakfast, something was different. I could feel it. Like something out side my door wasn’t right.
I hesitated for half a second, before deciding that it was all just me. But it wasn't. there was some one else.
Sitting on the floor across the hall was a young human. A man. I just knew it. He looked exhausted. Maybe sleeping? Or maybe he was sitting there waiting for some one. Walking down the hall, I kept asking my self if I should help him. He honestly wasn’t my problem. But for some reason my mind couldn’t let it go. I just wanted to keep going back.
I headed to the elevator, but when it finally came around my feet were already heading toward the young man.
“umm… sir are you okay? Sir?” I kneeled down beside him a gently shook him.
His eyes flew open and his arms flailed  out in surprise. “what!?” his blue eyes found my face. He relaxed a bit, laughing a little at him self, and running a hand threw his wavy mop of hair. “sorry, I didn’t realize that I had fell asleep. I kinda locked my self out.”
I couldn’t help but to smile, he looked so embarrassed. “well I just wanted to make sure that you were okay. And you know you could have asked the Super to come unlock it, I’m sure Sam wouldn’t mind.”
“I know but I left my phone in the house. And I have no clue where to find him. I just moved here yesterday. And I don’t know any one here. I’m actually here for collage. I’m trying to get my degree in art.” this shouldn’t surprise me. Lots of people come to Seattle for their art collages. 
“I could let you use my phone to call him if you would like?” I wasn’t really that comfortable with people coming in my house. Mainly humans. it’s a place where I didn’t have to smell them. A place where I could be a least normal. And this guy smelled amazing. I could smell it the moment I opened the door. My throat burned slightly, but I can handle it. So I will let him use my cell phone, I thought. That way he wont have to come in. I dialed up Sam’s number and handed the phone to the boy, “its ringing.”
I could hear Sam pick up the phone and with his low gruff voice he answered,  “This is Sam.”
“ Hi Sam, this is Vincent, I was calling to ask you if you could come unlock my door for me today. I seemed to have locked my self out last night. And I would have called then but I left my phone in side as well. Sorry to bother you, but I have no one else that I could have stayed with.”
 “yes, I’ll be there in 15 minutes. I was on my way there already. It seem that the bottom tenants have a water leak,” on the other side of the phone I heard him grunt and get out of his pick up and slam the door. “ I’m just now entering the building and I will be right up.”
“mhm, thanks very much. Bye” he hung up the phone and handed it back. “thanks for letting me use your phone.” he gave me a tiny smile before running his hand threw his hair, “ im sorry for bothering you. You look like you were going some where. Am I right?” he pointed out to my t-shirt and jeans.
“um, well I was, uh. Going,- yes I was on my way to the café down the street. To grab some coffee, and scones…” I trailed off cause he was just standing there with this smirk on his face, so sassy but oh so sweet. I put my hand on my hip and stared right back. “ what are you looking at?”
He thought about it for a minute. “ uh well, its funny. We’re in this awkward place where you either invite me, even though you may not want to. Or you don’t invite me. Either because you’re to shy too, or because you really don’t want me to go. So what are you going to do?” he had this smile as if he had just figured out the cure to cancer.
“This is what I’m going to do. I’ll wait till the super gets here and helps you, not cause I want to, but because its polite. Then I’ll let you have the choice of coming with me or not.” I showed him. Because I honestly wanted him to go. I wanted to get to know this strange man. I put my back up against the wall and slid to the floor so I could sit next to him. He smelled so yummy.
But I bet the reason he smelled so much more yummy than usual was cause I haven’t ate yet. And after I eat I bet that the feeling would go away. But with each passing minute it began to grow and grow. It felt like a sharp tingle all over. Like when your foot falls asleep. And the tingles turn into little needles all over. I know if I didn’t eat soon it would feel worse. 
I heard the elevator arrive to our level. I hopped up and brushed off my pants. With a grunt Vincent stood up next me. “are you going some where?” he had a puzzled look on his face.
“uh no, Sam is here.” the elevator at the hall made a ding noise and Sam came out. I turned to look and Vincent and his eyebrows where raised. “ good guess I suppose?”
He chuckled “I suppose so.” he stepped forward to shake Sam’s hand. “hello.”

© 2012 Jayme Kasper


Author's Note

Jayme Kasper
so im playing around with this, please give me any feed back you can
thanks for taking the time to read my story :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

85 Views
Added on December 15, 2012
Last Updated on December 15, 2012
Tags: vampires, love, romance, supernatural

Author

Jayme Kasper
Jayme Kasper

juliaetta , ID



About
Well hello people of the online world. My name is Jayme. I wanted to post some of my things on this site to see what people though. To see if i was any good. Any ways, a little about me, i blow my can.. more..

Writing