Ch. 23: Interrogation

Ch. 23: Interrogation

A Chapter by Tina Bee
"

Myra finds out that whatever happens in the dark will always come to light.

"

"Huntington, Myra F." I heard.

 

I walked to the bars in my cell. I had just spent the last 16 hours being interrogated for the assault of Daisy Spins and Kimmi Lautner. The detectives working the case were relentless. I told them everything from start to finish four times before I was allowed to get a cup of water. I could still smell the room. It stunk of old cigarettes and body odor.

 

"You close fist punch Daisy Spins in the throat for what?" the short detective pressed.

 

"For biting me in my forehead," I answered.

 

"So these girls were defending one another?" he asked.

 

"I don't know," I answered.

 

"You have to know," he said.

 

"No I don't," I answered back.

 

"So all this violence is sparked by a Facebook video of you and Rick Santos last Saturday evening making out in the back of a car?" the leaner and meaner detective asked.

 

"Yes. Kimmi and Daisy thought it was funny to send me a link to the video," I answered.

 

"So they filmed it?" he asked.

 

"I don't know who filmed it," I answered.

 

"Oh you have to have some idea. Who would want to follow you and Santos around like that? His friends, his family, an ex girlfriend, come on!" the small detective said.

 

"No idea," I said.

 

"Gregory Finster was there the entire time these two girls were being assaulted by you?" the lean detective asked.

 

"No, he went back to his car," I answered.

 

"When?" he asked.

 

"Don't know. I was busy," I said.

 

"Do you know a Langston Miles?" the small detective said.

 

I sat straight up in my chair.

 

"Who?" I tried playing it off.

 

"Kimmi Lautner tells me that you and he had sexual intercourse the Friday that school got out," he said.

 

"That never happened. I'm a virgin," I said.

 

The lean detective laughed and I glared at him.

 

"Kimmi says that he was telling everyone in your clique about it and that word got back to Rick," the detective said.

 

"Never happened," I said shifting around in my chair.

 

"Apparently Rick thought it was cool and invited Langston to tail him and video tape any action that went on that night," the lean detective finished up.

 

I was floored. I was angry. I wanted to get even.

 

"Now I'll ask again, do you know a Langston Miles?" the small detective said.

 

"Yes," I said quietly.

 

"You and he had intercourse on Friday night?" the lean detective asked.

 

"Yea," I said looking away.

 

"Were you aware of the friendship between he and Santos?" the small one asked.

 

"They all hang around my brother Kevin, ok? They're always at the house. They're always there f*****g around and being stupid and I hate it! The one time I try to shower and forget to lock the door that f*****g perv comes in and takes advantage!" I screamed.

 

"What are you saying?" the small detective asked with his eyes narrowing.

 

"It wasn't consensual?" the lean one asked.

 

"I'm not saying nothing," I said.

 

"Doesn't matter," the small one sat up straight.

 

"We have you on camera admitting to there being sexual relations between you and an 18 year old high school junior. Are you aware that Langston is eighteen now?" the lean detective asked.

 

"No," I said.

 

"You just turned fourteen a couple months ago, but that doesn't matter. It's all the same. Statutory rape. He's being booked as we speak," the small detective said.

 

"What?" I asked.

 

"Your brother, Michael, he pulled us aside tonight and explained what could be going on with you. He brought up the situation with Mr. Miles and when your mother heard she agreed to press charges as long as you confessed to the sex," the lean detective said smirking.

 

"It was consensual!" I screamed.

 

"The laws are stiff when it comes to over aged teens and minors," the small detective said.

 

"Oh my God!" I said and put my hands up to cover my face.

 

"Along with that and the cases of assault and battery against you Ms. Huntington you're looking at a minimum of two years in juvenile detention," the lean detective said.

 

"If Mr. and Mrs. Spins decide to go through with it attempted murder charges can be filed," the small detective said.

 

"I was defending myself!" I said.

 

"That's a minimum sentence of seven years for you in a juvenile detention center," he added.

 

My life was crashing around me. I wanted to scream, but I couldn't. I want to speak, but I couldn't. I was stunned and shocked.

 

"How about Langston and Gregory? What are their charges?" I asked.

 

"Langston is looking at six months in the penitentiary. Mr. Finster can plea out and just do community service," the lean detective said.

 

"Also Mr. Miles will be mandated to register as a sex offender with the state," the small detective said.

 

"What? He has college scholarships and school to finish. How can he do that and be a sex offender at the same time?" I asked.

 

"It's quite simple Ms. Huntington, he won't," the lean detective said.

 

I had crushed another dream. I had ruined another life.

 

"Will Daisy and Kimmi be ok?" I asked.

 

"Kimmi will be released in a few hours, but Daisy is under 24 hour observation and is expected to make a full recovery," the small detective said.

 

"That's good," I said shifting around.

 

"Honestly Myra this all isn't as bad as it could've been. We sat with your family for hours just listening to them go on and on about you. You're a very loved young woman. Not many teens have that. It just hurts your mother to see you throwing it away like this," the lean detective said and I could detect a hint of anger.

 

"Can I go now?" I asked.

 

They both shook their heads at me and looked to the two way mirror. There was a buzz at the door and a lady walked in. She was obviously an office.

 

"Come on," she said gruffly.

 

I got up and walked toward her. I saw myself in the mirror. My hair was tousled, my clothes were stained with blood, and my eyes were blaring red.

 

"We'll be seeing you Miss Huntington," I heard the lean detective say after me in a deep foreboding voice.

 

I didn't turn around or mutter a thing I kept walking until the door shut behind me.



© 2009 Tina Bee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

That was a really great chapter. I feel for Myra. How life can just
crumble around you. But she's in a heap of trouble now.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I don't have any clue, what the points thing means...so I haven't altered any of those, but YOU DESERVE ALL OF THE POINTS! Because I am so into this story...like wow! I really am captured by this.

Posted 14 Years Ago




Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

555 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 30, 2009
Last Updated on August 13, 2009


Author

Tina Bee
Tina Bee

Sacramento, CA



About
My new book, "The Brighter Side of Low" is now up for viewing. Read it today and new chapters have been added as of July 1, 2013. More chapters coming soon! I've completed my second book titled, "A.. more..

Writing
As We Knew It As We Knew It

A Story by Tina Bee


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Tina Bee



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..