Starry Night

Starry Night

A Chapter by TinaSummer

                                                  Starry Night

“What?” Kyoung-wook asked. “Your father died before your tenth birthday.” Henry said. “But my mother said, that he was on a business trip.” Kyong-wook said. “He was. He never finished the project.” Henry said. “What about my mother, did she know?”


Henry nodded. “She knew that you were going to eventually change. Did you have weird dreams?” Henry asked. “Yeah.” Kyoung-wook said. “Well you see, they weren’t dreams they were visions.”


“Visions?” Kyoung-wook asked.  “Yes. You were always meant to be an Arrow warrior. You were hidden as a sunlighter because the other ‘warriors’ can smell your scent.” “Smell my scent? So they can find me?” Henry nodded. “Yes, and they will try to get you on their side.”


Violet looked out the window. “Thank for all your help, but we really need to be going.” She said. “No please stay. You wont be able to see.” Henry said. “What do you guys think?” Violet asked. “Well it is getting late. Maybe we should stay.” Kyoung-wook said.


“Great! You guys can sleep in the guest rooms.” Henry said. “Come I’ll show you.”  Herman, soo-young, Kyoung-wook, and violet followed Henry. They entered a large bedroom with two beds. “Thank you” Violet said.

Henry nodded and left the room. “So Herman since you’re our new friend, you get to pick which bed you sleep in.” Violet said. “Um…I guess I’ll sleep here.” Herman said, pointing to the bed closets to the window. “Well I guess I’ll sleep here to.” Violet said, sitting  on the bed next to Herman.


“So I guess we’ll be in this room.” Soo-young said, walking across the hall. Henry unlocked the door. “Sorry for the inconvience.” He said. “If you want I could ask to see if we have another bed.” Henry said. “No, this is ok.” Soo-young said. “If you need anything just call.” Henry said before he closed the door and left.


Soo-young and Kyoung-wook sat on opposite sides of the bed. “So, how is this going to work?” He asked. “What do you mean?” Soo-young asked. “You’re a girl and I’m a boy.” He said. “I thought it was pretty obvious. You stay on your side and I stay on mine.”


 Kyoung-wook shrugged. “Night.” He said. “Night.” Soo-young’s breath slowly evened out. Kyoung-wook looked over to her side of the bed. He got out of the bed and kneeled beside the chair. 

He pulled out his journal and started to write.


I think I’m going crazy. Soo-young is making me feel all these things. I hate that I feel this way. I hate that she doesn’t know. I know I shouldn’t feel this way about her. But I can’t help myself. She’s so beautiful. I think I should just get this journey done with and then tell her how I feel. But what if she doesn’t feel the same way.

Who am I kidding? Of course she wont feel the same way. We’re enimes. At least we were. I don’t even know what I am. Soo-young believes that she is a scarlet, I really hope that she is. I know how upset she’d be if she came all this way for nothing.


He stopped writing and put his journal back into his bag. Climbed back into bed and fell asleep.

Kyoung-wook awoke a few hours later to see that the bed was empty. “Soo-young?” he whispered. He noticed that the door to the balcony was ajar. So he got out of bed and headed outside. 


“Soo-young?” He called again. Soo-young turned and smiled. “What are you doing out here?”  Kyoung-wook asked. “I couldn’t sleep.” She said. “So you came out here, why?” He asked. “Look up.” Soo-young said. Kyoung- wook looked towards the sky.


“What do you see?” She asked.


Kyoung-wook shrugged. “I don’t know. Stars?” He said.


Soo-young smiled. “Did you know that the sky is brighter when the moon is not out?” she said. “The stars are beautiful aren’t they?” She asked.


Kyoung-wook turned away from the sky, to soo-young. “Yeah, they are.” He said.


Soo-young turned to kyoung-wook. “Come on, we should get some sleep.” She said. 



© 2015 TinaSummer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
Added on November 29, 2015
Last Updated on November 29, 2015