Chapter Five

Chapter Five

A Chapter by TinaSummer

    Chapter five

Men aligned in rows marched across the mud covered ground. Eliheu stepped down from his post. He held up hand and the men stopped and faced him.

“My soldiers, the time is near!” he bellowed.

The soldiers awed. Eliheu smirked. “Tonight! We bring chaos and terror to the world!”  The crowd cheered. Ahra stood behind her husband with a terrified look on her face.

Rain fell from the sky, rigidly. Scarlet covered her head with her hands. They’d been walking for the past few hours. A large waterfall came into view. “We’re here.”

Enue carefully stepped over the large rocks. He looked around. Scarlet cuffed her mouth. “Hello? Is anyone here?!” She shouted. Her voice reverberated. She looked around the bushy path. There was no person is sight.

She turned to Enue. “What do we do now?”

Enue shrugged. “Well, why are we here?”

“The Gideon waterfall use to be home to thousands of aqualites.” She bent down next to the waterfall. She stuck her hand in and let the water run over it. “I wonder where they all went.”

Removing her hand, she stood. “Maybe we should go.” Enue nodded and started to walk away. Scarlet followed, but stopped.

The sound of bubbling caught their attention. They looked at each other before turning around. The water gurgled fiercely. Fish started jumping out of the water. They landed at the feet of scarlet and Enue. The two backed away slowly.

“What’s going on?” Enue asked. Scarlet opened her mouth, but nothing came out.

A bright flash erupted, in front of them. The two covered their eyes and backed away. The light dimmed. They removed their hands.

People stood, where the fish used to be. One women stepped towards Enue and scarlet. She was dressed in a bright blue dress, with light brown hair and  she wore a blue flower crown on her head. Scarlet gapped.

“Who are you?” Enue asked. The women glanced at the others behind her.

“Who are you?”

Scarlet blinked. “I’m Enue, king of the sunlight kingdom. And this,” He gestured to scarlet. “Is scarlet. Princess of Moonlight kingdom.”

Scarlet waved silently. The woman took another step forward and held out her hand. “Aquarius.”

Enue shook her hand and stepped back. “What are you two doing here?” Aquarius asked.

Scarlet cleared her throat. “We’re looking for someone, have you heard  of the Eclipsers?”

Aquarius’s eye’s narrowed. “Why are looking for them?”

“So you do know who they are.” Enue said.

Aquarius nodded.  Enue and scarlet shared a look. “What do you know about them?”

“They’re dangerous. Extremely dangerous.” Aquarius said. She gestured for the two to sit.  “They started out like any other moonlighter. But their powers were beyond yours. After the war, they showed themselves to the world. Burning down everything in their sight.”

Enue covered his mouth. The air around them got colder.

“What are they?”

“They’re a mix of sunlighter and moonlighter.”

Scarlet stiffened. Aquarius noticed the change in her. “What is it?” She asked.

She looked at Enue and Aquarius with wide eyes. “My mother was a sunlighter.” her body trembled. Aquarius took a step back. “You’re an Eclipser.”  she spat.

The aqualights behind her gasped and stepped back. “You must leave.”  

“But we need our help.”

“Your kind is a danger to us. You need to leave!”

Aquarius commanded the water with a flick of her wrist. It erupted from the waterfall and the two fell back. “They will find you and they’ll know i told you.”

She turned from the two and ran back to the waterfall, jumping in.


The sound of glass being shattered, was barely audible in the storm. Screams reverberated through the air. Her heels clicked along the cement paved ground as her breath hitched in her throat as she ran.

Ahra!.” his voice crackled. His razor like voice made her whimper. Ahra quickly ducked behind a building.  She could hear his footsteps getting closer.

“I can hear you.”  he said.

Ahra cupped a hand over her mouth. She looked around the corner of the building. His feet were three feet away from her. The man’s face had a crooked smirk. He turned to where ahra was hiding.

Her eyes widened as the man came closer to her. When he reached her he bent down to her and grabbed a fist full of her wet hair. Ahra let out a scream.  He pushed her against the wall.

The man clamped hand over her mouth. Ahra whimpered beneath his hand. Tears streamed down her face along with the rain. The hand was removed from her mouth.“Eli.” She whispered.

Elihue’s hand made its way around her neck. Ahra choked as he squeezed. His eyes were bulging, his face red, breath hot. Ahra caught a glimpse  of elihue’s hand moving from the his pocket.

Elihue’s hand traveled back up to Ahra’s chest. She shivered as she felt a cold, sharp metal object pressed against her abdomen.

“You know, i’ve never killed anyone, before.” he whispered into her ear. Ahra looked into elihue’s deep brown eyes. They were filled with hate and disgust. She tried to turn away, but he jerked her head to look at him.

“Why did you disobey me, my angel?” Ahra gasped. Her air supply becoming low. Elihue pressed a chaste kiss to her lips. Slowly he let go of her neck. His eyes softened. Ahra’s breathing slowed down.

Elihue stuck the knife back into his pocket. He traced ahra’s jawline with his finger, before he met her eyes. The fear was still there. He kissed her once more before, pulling her off the wall.

“Next time you run away, i won’t hesitate to put a blade through your chest. Understand?”

Ahra shook with fear. She tried to find any aspect of her husband. But all she saw was a madman. She gasped as elihue pushed her against the wall again. “Understand?” he growled. Ahra nodded.

Elihue smiled. “Good.” He took her hand and pulled her out of the night.



© 2016 TinaSummer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hmm, nice progression! I had suspected Scarlet was an Eclispser. I also like your creation of Aquarius (the fish people?). Again, the switching of scenes is a bit disorienting. Perhaps if you had bigger spaces between scenes (Enue and Scarlet, then to Elihue and Ahra) this could be solved.
I thought five chapters seemed a little short, and I'm glad to see this isn't the end of the story; although, I do hope that means you'll continue as this is from 2016.

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

211 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 7, 2016
Last Updated on June 7, 2016