A broken love

A broken love

A Story by TinaSummer

“Love.”

The word flew out of his mouth like a breath. I looked at him through my wet eyelashes. “Love doesn’t exist, not for us.” I spat. I knew what i was doing. I didn’t want him to get in. he took a step towards me. I refused to look at him.

“Oh, darling you are wrong.” he cups my cheek. “Love does exist, you just have to believe.” he lifted my face and I stared into the dark blue abyss. “You cannot possibly love me.”  i whisper. He laughs. “But I do. Without you I'm a mess.”

It’s my turn to laugh. “You don’t understand the pain, love causes.” i say bitterly.

“For someone who doesn't believe in love, you certainly know a lot about it.” the moonlight reflects in his eyes. My wrist are still in his grasp. I want to pull away, but he’s too strong. “Little do you know darling, I've been broken.”  I whisper. A tear slips down my cheek. He drags his finger across my face.

“Love is useless. It’s pain, hatred.  Love will kill us.”

He doesn’t say anything. He just loosens his grip on my wrist. I can feel the heat between us disappearing. His warmth that was once on my wrist is gone. He’s still standing in front of me, his fist clenched tightly. “The heart is only as fragile as it’s body.” he lifts his head and stares straight at me. “We’re both broken souls. We live to destroy, if not others, than ourselves. We’re not so different, you and me. You’ve had your heart broken so many times. And I; I’m a product of a broken marriage. Forced into this world by blood.”

He takes a step towards me. “Do not tell me, I don’t know what love is. I know what it is, just from looking at you.”  hot tears stream down my face as he comes closer to me. again  i can feel the warmth. I can feel his breath.  “Love, my darling is real.”

I can’t look at him, i refuse to submit to him. “Lying is as easy as breathing.”  i say.

It doesn’t matter that he claims to love me. It doesn’t matter that we’re broken. The only thing that matters is that we can never be. I cannot let myself fall into a pit of madness and destruction. Not again.

© 2016 TinaSummer


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

251 Views
Added on November 26, 2016
Last Updated on November 26, 2016