I AM VAMPIRE

I AM VAMPIRE

A Story by Tina Kline
"

After being attacked by a creature she woke as a vampire and quickly found her 'slave' to help er cope and survive.

"

      Walking across Seattle University's campus I pulled my coat tighter. It was a chilly autumn night as I left my study group in the library and headed back to my dorm room. Dried autumn leaves rattled along the pavement thanks to gusts of cold wind. The sound made me shiver. I felt like I was being watched, very intently watched. It felt threatening so I kept looking over my shoulder for someone behind me but there wasn't. It was just the leaves and their loud raspy rattling sound. It was only a short distance from the library to my dorm room but sometimes it seemed like hours. I could have called security to escort me but never did that when ever I walked anywhere on campus after dark. It seemed too much trouble. My study group members all lived in other dorms on campus. So here I was walking alone and feeling really freaked out and threatened. I knew raccoons hung out on the campus so I contributed the feeling of being watched to them.

     I shivered again as the feeling of being watched intensified. I felt like I was prey and I was being hunted by a predator. This being an urban campus any creep could walk on campus and threaten students. I hurried along, not wanting to run but not wanting to walk slow either. I was passing by a cluster of large rhododendrons when I heard something moving against the foliage. Before I could even turn to look I was yanked into the shrubs, several limbs cutting into me, I tried to scream but something was instantly on my mouth. It was another mouth and I suddenly felt like vomiting. This was a rape! My backpack fell with a dull sound that was hardly audible above the gusting winds and rattling leaves.

      I was being held in a creature's arms. It had a humanoid face, all white with cat like yellow eyes. It opened it's mouth and I saw several upper and lower fangs. I couldn't believe it. No I couldn't. A vampire? It was October so this had to be a Halloween stunt. But the creature was cold, so very cold. I could feel it's coldness through my jacket. No one could fake that. It bent me over it's arm, way over until I felt like my back was going to snap in two. Then it lowered it's face to mine.

     “You're going to be yummy. A very educated meal choice.” Then it laughed at it's own joke.

I didn't laugh. No, I didn't. I couldn't believe it. This was a monster, not the vampires like I so loved to read about. This wasn't at all like the vampires I fantasized about someday meeting, no, it wasn't like the vampire I secretly wanted to become. This was something to be frightened of. This creature was a killer. But I wouldn't beg for my life. This creature would have no mercy, no killer ever did whether it was this thing or a human being.

     A long reddish tongue came out of it's mouth and it licked my neck. I held in a moan of terror. I could feel my body shivering but not from cold, but terror. Tears squeezed out of my eyes and I found it hard to breathe. Plus, pain was radiating from my bent back. I knew without any doubt I was going to die this night.

     Then it struck quickly and sank it's fangs into my neck. I gasped with shock and pain. I couldn't help moaning at the awful feeling of this creature siphoning my blood from my body. I could hear it swallowing my blood, my life, and I wanted to be sick. My head swam. I felt nauseated and dizzy. The pain went away but there was no pleasure, not like in the books and TV shows. No, this was awful but not painful. My reality swam and my vision blurred into darkness. My hearing went next and the last thing I heard was the vampire sucking blood and the voices as a couple students passed by the bushes talking about their classes. I could have wept but I was too far gone. It could be said I died that night.

     A roaring in my ears. A screaming sound. Pain like white hot needles being pushed deep into my body, everywhere in my body. I moaned in agony and forced open my eyes. A fiery bright light stabbed into my eyes. I screamed and suddenly with a soft swish the light was gone and shadows were there. I opened my eyes again.

     “Tina? Are you alright?..S**t...of course you're not alright.” a male voice said.

I knew the voice but I couldn't place who it belonged to. I turned my head. I saw a young man sitting beside my dorm bed. I'm in my room I realized. And I was still alive but I hurt very badly.   “Oh..hey?” My voice was more a dried croak than human language.

     The man looked at me with a smile of relief replacing the fear that had been on his face. “What happened to you Tina?”

     I shook my head. It felt like fire was burning through my very nerve endings. I still couldn't place this guy. I shook my head again. I felt tears building. I was confused and my fear was mounting. What had happened to me?

    “Take it slow Tina. I didn't call the police or report this to anyone. I found you lying near the door of the dorm. All bloody and beat up looking. Were you raped?” I could tell he hoped not but still who was he?

     I shook my head no to his question. He let out a loud sigh of relief. “I got you some food and medicine, bandages and...” He shook his head again, overwhelmed with emotions suddenly.

I wondered if he was my boyfriend. He was good looking and seemed to care deeply about me. I sat up in bed. I felt something burning in my belly. My whole body hurt. I noticed strange odors suddenly and all the activity outside my dorm room was overly loud. I wondered what they were all doing, being so noisy with the shouting and banging going on. Their laughter sounded horrible. Suddenly I wanted to leap out of bed and go out into the hall and start tearing them all apart. They were just a bunch of creepy girls who shared the same dorm room floor with me. I hated them and they hated me. I was the outcast here.

      “Hey!” the man said in surprise. “Take it easy. You need to rest and recover your energy and strength so you can heal.” He must have been able to tell what I wanted to do without me saying so. Was I being that obvious? Probably yes.

     At that moment I found my voice. I cleared my throat first then said, “I don't know who you are but don't tell me what to do.” I looked toward the door and a growl slipped out of me.

“I'm your friend, that's who I am. Glen, from Campus Ministry. I found you. Perhaps I should have reported this to the authorities.”

     I looked at Glen. Now I was slowly starting to remember him from the fog of my mind. “Oh yes, Glen.” I smiled. Yes, I had a lot of affection for Glen, even a crush on him that waxed and waned but he was a really nice guy. I wouldn't be angry with him. “I remember you now, a little any way.”

     He smiled. “I'm afraid for you Tina. Your eyes, they're changed.”

     I was starting to feel in control. I glanced to my bedside clock and saw it was 9:30 and it was light outside so I surmised it was AM and not PM. I swung my legs over the side of the bed, pushing the bedding out of my way as I did. I was still wearing my bloody clothes. Being a priest in training I supposed Glen couldn't bring himself to take them off. I smiled and looked at him.  “Thanks for helping me Glen and thanks for not reporting this.” The noise outside the hall was hurting my ears. I snarled softly. I would have to go out there and tell the students on my dorm floor to be quiet or die.

     Die? Yes, die. I had a vision of myself tearing into them, ripping limbs from their bodies and lapping up the blood like crazy. Yes, I wanted their blood, badly. Just thinking about it made the fire in my belly burn all that hotter. Painfully hotter. And the scents, awful scents like stinky body odor, bathroom smells and God awful perfume scents. I could smell Glen but he just smelled manly and that smell was tinged with fear. The fear smell I found I liked a lot. Yes, it was tantalizing in a powerful way. How could I resist?

     Then I was hit with a tidal wave of cold fear. What was wrong with me? Why was I thinking this way? Why was I feeling this way? What had happened to me? Yes, I recalled the white humanoid creature that had attacked me. All icy skin, burning eyes and painful fangs. I felt my teeth. Holy Hell! I had fangs! I wondered if my skin was cold and white. My eyes were different. Glen had already told me that. I looked at him. He looked like he wanted to run. Probably a good reaction to what was sitting before him. I smiled. I wondered if I looked menacing. I wished I knew.

     “Tina” he said. “Don't go out there in the hall. Leave the students alone. We need to deal with this.”

    “Deal with what?”

    He waved a hand at me. “You. What has happened to you. Your eyes, your skin, just the way you look. All changed. What attacked you Tina? Some sort of demon?”

     “Yes it was Glen. I think a vampire.” I waited for his reaction, to make fun of me for saying that. But he didn't.

     He just looked sad. He hung his head. “Just as I thought.” He looked up again. He had tears in his eyes. “I can't allow you to go on like this. I must save you.”

     Holy Hell! He's going to try and kill me! A hot rage boiled up inside me. I would defend myself from Glen. I wouldn't let him kill me. My instinct to live kicked in in a strong and powerful way. I leaped across the bed and grabbed Glen by both his shoulders and pulled him toward me. I was momentarily startled about how easy that had been. He didn't weigh anything! I was strong! “You would kill me!” I roared. I knew the sound was terrifying to Glen. I noticed a lull in the noise outside my room. Why did it have to be daylight? I could have squeezed through the window openings and leaped to the ground. I would live! I would live!!

     I pulled Glen's face up to mine, baring my fangs at him. “Stop! Stop!” he cried, “What are you doing? I wasn't threatening you!”

     I hesitated then let him fall back to the bed. “What then?”

     “Let me help you.” he said, his voice raspy with fear.

     I sat cross legged on the bed, trying to block out the noise outside my door. It had risen again after my outburst. The scents coming from out there were overwhelming. How could humans be so stenchy? The smell of the humans was so awful I wanted to vomit. I wanted to get out of here. The night was calling to me but night was a ways off. The burning in me was increasing as was the pain flaming through my nerves. I knew it was blood hunger. What else could it be? I needed to get out of here. I was so thirsty for blood I looked at Glen. I wanted to take him and drink him dry. My mouth was so dry and icky. I needed blood. I needed blood. I couldn't think straight until I had blood.

     Glen saw me watching him and shook his head. “Okay Tina. I'll get you blood. Okay, just stay there.” He got off the bed and went to the door.

     I smiled, showing my fangs. I knew what he was going to do. He was going to bring one of those bitchy girls in here, they were all bitchy, they all thought themselves model beautiful and superior to someone dull like me, or who they thought was dull and boring. Ha. Ha. I would have the last laugh, like some Hollywood movie. I grinned. Glen shut the door behind him as he went out into the hall. I heard him talking. The lie came easily to him as he lured one of the beautiful girls back to my room. I was waiting. Predator to prey and Glen would be my helper. It would be perfect. Wanna be priest with the former wanna be vampire.

© 2012 Tina Kline


Author's Note

Tina Kline
Written for the "And Now You Die contest."

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow, a very chilling vampire story indeed! Very dark and eerie too. Upon waking up after such an assault and finding yourself a not very loveable and cuddly vampire like you'd dreamed about, what a disappointment and making the poor priest in training to be your servant or slave, well, more power to the vampire!

Awesome story!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Chilling, as others have said. This vampire, Tina, definitely likes what she's feeling. She's going to enjoy unlife and she already has someone to help her along. Nice touch. Every vampire needs a good mortal to serve as a "Renfield". I especially liked how she was afraid at first, confused and not wanting to hurt people, but also wanting to give in to her new urges.

And of course, no one can resist for long.

Excellent write.

Thanks for writing this up for my contest.

-Caradoc

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tina Kline

10 Years Ago

Thank you!
Very dark... Especially the ending where Glens promised help us that he brings her a meal... Quite unexpected! Also great tension especially i liked the part where she begins to feel all of her new vampire qualities. Very fun read!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tina Kline

11 Years Ago

Thanks a lot!
I loved it . Really good :) Hope you write more! :) i love vampire and occult stories myself :) You are talented. Keep it up :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tina Kline

11 Years Ago

Thanks so much. :)
This is an outstanding vampire tale. After being attacked she wakes up in the process of changing. A faithful friend has brought her inside to her dorm room and wants to help her. He ends up being her slave, bringing her her first meal. I'm thinking if this story went on he would be doing that for a very long time. A very well written interesting vampire story. I'd like more but what you offer here is really good. I like the fact she shows signs of being a true predator, not a vampire in love with humanity and not wanting to feeding on their blood.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tina Kline

11 Years Ago

Thanks for reading and all the reviews. :)
A wonderful creative write. A dark and sinister vampire poem told by the vampire's point of view about her transformation. I like the ending, kind of surprising. I thought the priest in training would kill her but instead ends up her slave or at least someone to lead prey to her. Fantastic story!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tina Kline

11 Years Ago

Thanks so much!
Wolf's Dark Song

11 Years Ago

:)
Chilling and cool. Awesome creative pen upon this.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tina Kline

11 Years Ago

Thanks so much!
Superb storytelling and outstanding vampire tale. Love the ending with the wanna be priest. Very impressive storytelling here! Love this!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Intense! With an interesting twist at the end. As usual, your description of the night at the beginning was top notch!

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Tina Kline

11 Years Ago

Thanks so much. :P
Wow, a very chilling vampire story indeed! Very dark and eerie too. Upon waking up after such an assault and finding yourself a not very loveable and cuddly vampire like you'd dreamed about, what a disappointment and making the poor priest in training to be your servant or slave, well, more power to the vampire!

Awesome story!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

377 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 19, 2012
Last Updated on October 19, 2012
Tags: vampires, vampire, immortal, eternal.

Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline