BE THESE CLOWNS

BE THESE CLOWNS

A Story by Tina Kline
"

A nightmarish tale of a woman and her dog's encounter with evil clowns.

"

    I think back and I wonder, how did I survive my encounter with those Clowns, or what was supposed to be Clowns. I had my doubts, but a clown is a clown, whether it makes you laugh or if it makes you cry. I did not encounter these Clowns at a circus or at a party. It was on the dark side of the road. A kind of mild April night with a misty rain falling.

    I live in a rural area near SE Kelso Road in Boring, Oregon. I was out for my nightly walk with my German Shepherd Boxie. With Boxie, who is male and five years old, I knew I was safe. Boxie wouldn’t let anyone close to me. He was real good about that, keeping several would be attackers away from me in the past. But those would be attackers were nothing compared to the Clowns.

    I was walking along the shoulder of SE Kelso Road and it was dark with a misty rain falling. I had Boxie with me but not on a leash. I never had him on a leash. A half hour into our walk Boxie started growling, a savage snarl and lunged into the shrubbery on the side of the road.

    “Boxie!” I screamed as he disappeared into the dark shrubbery. “Boxie!” I called again. I stopped walking and shined my flashlight into the darkness in the direction Boxie had disappeared. I saw nothing. I heard nothing. I waited. Five minutes. Ten minutes. Nothing. I was getting worried and I called Boxie’s name repeatedly.

    Then I heard a startled, painful scream that was followed by a series of broken whimpers and whines. “Boxie!” I screamed wildly, frightened now. What had happened to Boxie? For I knew those painful desperate cries were Boxie. I knew my German Shepherd’s voice. “Boxie.” I said this time in a teary voice. I was very afraid now.

    That was when I heard the Laugh. It was not a pleasant laugh, but a sinister and evil one. My breath caught in my throat. I felt chilled suddenly, then paralyzed by that ominous Laugh. The Laugh came again and I heard first, and then saw someone or something emerging from the darkness by the side of the road. The very place where Boxie had entered. Whatever it was stepped up onto the side of the road. I stared in disbelief for what I was witnessing could not be believed.

    It was a Clown! At least six feet five inches tall, face a reddish color, a huge leering mouth full of fanged teeth, horrible eyes, black hair like a punk rocker, pointy ears and dressed in a distorted image of a clown costume. Its mouth was open abnormally wide and a horrible laugh was emerging from it, a laugh that sounded like it came from the depths of Hell. I looked into those Clown eyes and knew I was in serious jeopardy.

    A second Clown emerged from the darkness by the side of the road. It had huge pale eyes and a greenish face, huge scarlet lips and long orange hair and also dressed in a distorted clown costume.

    I screamed at the sight of this second Clown. I was horrified by what I saw. In its arms it held Boxie and I knew Boxie was dead. A big chunk of flesh had been torn from his chest and blood was oozing from the cavity. Boxie’s head was hanging limply with blood dripping from his open mouth. And his tongue was dangling from his open mouth too. I couldn’t believe any of this, but I had to. What were these Clowns from Hell doing on the side of the road? And Boxie was dead; my eyes weren’t deceiving me even if I wanted them to be doing just that.

    I screamed again and again and the two Clowns started laughing hysterically, enjoying my horror. The second Clown tossed Boxie’s body into the darkness on the side of the road with an effortless heave, as if Boxie’s body weighed nothing. I heard the dull thud as my now dead German Shepherd’s body hit the earth. I felt numb, like I was near collapse.

    I suddenly realized the two Clowns were rapidly coming toward me, pale hands held forward, zombie style. My nightmare was just beginning!

    I turned to flee and in B movie style, I slipped on the wet pavement and went down to my knees. I felt the sudden pain. I could hear the two Clowns behind me and I scrambled back to my feet in record time. As I started to run I felt cold hands close on my upper arm and I was yanked backward.  I wanted to start screaming again but I had no oxygen in my lungs. The only sound I made was a pathetic whimper. 

    I felt myself in the first Clown’s arms and I was forcefully turned to face him. That huge gaping mouth breathed foul breath into my face, its hands gripping me like claws. The Clown’s laughter rang in my ears, a sound I was doomed never to forget. It would forever haunt my dreams and nightmares. My eyes were captured by the Clown’s eyes. I felt their power, their pull, and their lure. I felt weak and stopped struggling. If the Clown had not been holding me I would have collapsed to the damp pavement. Those eyes! They were capturing me, seducing me, wanting me, and needing me. Taking me. My soul. I felt my soul slipping. I really was in serious jeopardy!

    I fought desperately within myself, trying to find strength to break free from the Clown’s hellish spell. Within the Clown’s eyes I saw Satan’s eyes. Were these possessed Clowns or were they Satan’s Spawn? It didn’t really matter; the end result would be the same.

    The second Clown hovered inches away; its pale eyes were burning me, a second window to Satan’s Hell. My will power was slipping; the Clown’s eyes were winning. I was being drawn out of my body. I was growing weaker and weaker. “Oh Lord! Heavenly Father! Please save me! Please do not let this happen! Save my Soul from Lucifer!” It was a whisper but I knew Yahweh would hear. I knew Jesus Christ would hear.

    My presence was leaving me. I could actually feel myself somewhere else, a dark soothing yet painful place. A place I didn’t want to be. I knew I was at the entrance to Hell. Satan was there waiting for me. Tall, ivory skin, long black hair, burning white eyes, a fanged smile with his arm raised and a taloned hand waving me forward. Welcoming me! I knew I was lost. The Clowns had successfully stolen my Soul. Within seconds I’d be Satan’s Spawn.

    Unexpectedly I heard a screaming roar. What on Earth was my fleeting, desperate thought.

    Some savage beast was erupting from the darkness. It was enough of a distraction that I was able to break free from the Clown’s Eyes as it jerked just slightly at the unexpected sound. Weakly, with what remained of my human vision I looked away from the Clown’s Damned Eyes to the side of the road where the screaming roar was coming from. And there was enough of me still left to be shocked, stunned and amazed!

    My heart felt joy at that moment. Boxie was flinging himself at the Clown that held me. I saw that Boxie’s body was somehow whole once more; his chest was no longer missing. He slammed into the Clown, causing it to lose its grip on me and sending it reeling to the pavement. The Clown actually made a sound of outrage. Wasting no time Boxie lunged at the second Clown and within seconds it was lying on the pavement beside the first.

    I felt my Soul rushing back into myself! Somehow I had been saved, rescued. My prayer had been heard and answered! Boxie took my hand into his mouth and whining, led me back down SE Kelso Road toward home. I stumbled beside him, still very weak but my Soul was still my own. And Boxie was alive. Miracle of miracles, he was alive! He didn’t even have a scar where the Clown had torn out his chest. He lived to be 18 years old.

    We made it home. The Clowns for some reason did not pursue us. Maybe they went back to Hell. Perhaps Yahweh and Jesus Christ were protecting me and Boxie. I don’t know. That whole experience just didn’t make any sense to me at all. It was just a nightmare I didn’t want to remember. I never saw the Clowns again but then, I never walked SE Kelso Road or any other road after dark again. And the Clowns hysterical, sinister laughter haunts me. Still.





 

   

© 2010 Tina Kline


Author's Note

Tina Kline
Art work was done by Ghost who has a lot of cool writes on this site.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great horror story about clowns. Glad she and her dog survived.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This sure is a freaky horror story and so is that pic! Nice chilling terror with victory for the good gal and her dog at the end. I hate clowns and now I have even more justification for hating clowns after reading this.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Wow! This is the real true nature of clowns. They are so creepy in all that paint and make up with fake smiles and all I believe that deep down inside clowns are just like you describe them in this story. Awesome!

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Surreal n' nightmarish as all HELL! N' the death of Boxie made me cry! ㋡

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

i liked this alot very dark and supenseful.. you defintley gave the horror feel to clowns very well..great job on this

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

264 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 13, 2010
Last Updated on August 13, 2010

Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..