BLOOD DREAMS

BLOOD DREAMS

A Story by Tina Kline
"

A werewolf tale.

"

    I was running down hot night city streets. All around me I could feel the daytime summer heat radiating from the still warm sidewalk. The moon was high in the night sky, surrounded by glittering stars. Little brown bats fluttered about, chittering in the night air, catching night insects in their rubbery leathery wings. And I was running, seemingly without effort. I came to realize I was on all fours, my feet and hands were more paw like than human hands and feet, with silver talons at the end of each finger and toe. As they hit the pavement I could hear a click, many many clicks. And I was panting, not with tiredness, not with nervousness, but with eagerness, with a hungry desire for blood! I realized all this with a growing sense of shock and horror.

    Then the horror passed. I was hungry for human flesh and blood. My teeth ached to sink into human flesh, to savage it, to rip and to tear into it, to feel the hot living blood gush down my throat. Ah! The pleasure, the passion and the desire for it! My desperate need for it. I tilted my head into the night air to test the warm air currents. Humans were everywhere. Victims! I scented humans in a nearby building. Young sick human offspring. They were diseased and drug users. Now they were my victims. I turned to this building; it was a shell for human garbage, for human waste, for humans who were no longer wanted by society. They were poor, random humans that society labeled as surplus and unimportant. This was my hunting ground!

    In the depths of the darkness I scurried toward the building, breathing in the aroma and perfume of these children’s blood, and the scent of their despair and their helplessness at how useless their lives were. I crept into the building, my nostrils flared, drinking in the scent of my soon to be victims. My jaws and fangs ached for the kill. The talons on the ends of my fingers and toes ached to rip and to tear. I ached to kill.

    I came upon the children huddled in a group, sleeping a disturbed sleep that was haunted by their nightmares. I growled deep in my chest. I snapped my jaws and moaned loudly, waking a child. The child stared at me out of wide eyes that were growing wider by the second at the sight of me standing there over them. She looked confused as she stared at what obviously to her was a monster, a demon beast, a creature from Hell. My scarlet crimson eyes burned brightly in the dark room as I stared back at this child.

     A strangled cry came from the child’s throat and I lunged, serpent like, snapping my jaws closed on the child’s neck, breaking it instantly. Blood gushed into my mouth, throat and down into my body. Warm, hot salty blood. I drank the child’s blood in seconds, ripping the still warm flesh, quickly eating it in great bloody chunks. In less than a minute I had consumed the child. I proceeded to tear the other children into bloody pieces. I consumed the children’s flesh and I drank their blood. Only one child saw me, the others died in their sleep, never waking as I savaged them.

    Once I finished my eating I stood looking at the bloody mess of my slaughter. I felt proud. I was no longer hungry. The savageness, the Beast in me was slowly fading away. Sighing, feeling at peace now, I slunk from the building and back out onto the hot city streets. I walked along the sidewalk. The moon was fading with the dawn. Bird song was in the air and the night sky was streaked with pale pink and blue.

    I realized I was heading home. No longer blood hungry. The Beast in me sleeping. I walked on two legs, casual, and human like. My eyes blue and my hair strawberry blonde. I sighed. I would take a bath, drink a glass of Chardonnay and go to sleep and dream my blood dreams. As the moon rises the Wolf howls and the Beast will once again be on the hunt, on the prowl.





© 2010 Tina Kline


Author's Note

Tina Kline
Artwork by Ghost who has a lot of cool writes on WritersCafe.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

awesome werewolf tale like the detyail inthis alot and the artwork by ghost is cool too... great job on this and congrads on your first place contest win :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nicely done werewolf tale. Cool pen on this horror write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Great and awesome werewolf story. This reads like the original werewolves, blood and flesh hungry and going out to make their kill. This one's not all loving and cuddly but a real human killer. Enjoyed this story a lot.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 13, 2010
Last Updated on August 13, 2010

Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline