JOURNEY INTO THE ETHER

JOURNEY INTO THE ETHER

A Story by Tina Kline

     Was I dreaming or was I awake? Was I dreaming that I knew I was dreaming? Oh...I don't know but when I opened my eyes I saw tendrils of sparkling silver swirling above my bed. As I watched it slowly shifted and coiled, blue mixing in with the silver. I heard a soft wind chime and then another join it. The colors spread out wide, expanding then slowly contracting. Sparkling pink appeared, a thin tendril reaching to join the silver and blue. I heard more wind chimes and felt a soft warm breeze gusting about my room which accounted for the wind chimes tinkling. I heard a single beautiful voice that sounded like an angel singing in Latin. Then another voice joined the first until it sounded like a chorus of angels singing.

      I looked around and realized I wasn't actually in my room but lying on a blanket in a big field of soft green grass. The air was fresh and clean with the sweet fragrance of blossoms. Overhead the swirling silver, blue and pink tendrils were expanding, reaching the size of a massive cloud. There were many wind chimes tinkling away in the warm soft breeze. I saw the angels in a circle around me. They were dressed in long silky white tunics and wore golden sandals on their feet. All the angels were singing, their voices unearthly and extraordinary. Their great white feathery wings were spread wide, creating a spectacular sight. They all looked heavenward as they sang.

      This was all so incredibly strange. I didn't know what to think. Maybe I should be afraid but I wasn't. I hoped that this was all true, that it wasn't just some odd bizarre dream. I really didn't want to wake up. I had set my alarm and hoped somehow it wouldn't go off. I couldn't think of any reason how that could happen except maybe I had forgotten to set it.

      I sat up and stared at the angels. They were so incredibly elegant in their unearthly beautiful. The silver, blue and pink sparkling tendrils were spreading across the sky until that was all I could see overhead. The wind chimes were many and created a unique beautiful music backdrop to the angels singing. I stood and walked to one section of the circle of singing angels. They parted and unbelievably happy and smiling I joined them in the line, somehow becoming part of their circle. I opened my mouth and started singing. My voice was just as incredibly beautiful as the angel's voices were. Suddenly I felt wings attached to my back located just below my shoulder blades. Unfurling them without effort I saw they were feathery and white. I marveled at this astonishing development. I saw too that I was dressed in a silky white tunic and wearing golden sandals just as they were. I had become one of them. It was at this moment that I realized this dream was destined to never end.





© 2012 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very captivating dream this is. It creates a scene of such uniquer beauty who would want to wake up! Love this! I'm very impressed here.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Breath-taking beautiful! Gave me a vision of Heaven and joining in the Angel choir!
Fabulous read!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Beautiful and so peaceful. Dreams like that makes a person want to keep sleeping or they may hope it's not a dream. Awesome imagery!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a really fantastic dream. If I was having this dream I think I'd like to stay in it for a long while.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Spellbinding and very magical. An outstanding story!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 30, 2012
Last Updated on November 4, 2012

Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..