It Was Only A Myth

It Was Only A Myth

A Chapter by TinyWriter

Brittania woke up to laughter and talking. She looked over to find the kid still fast asleep. She left her armor in the tent as she opened the flap to reveal the bright sun blinding her. After refocusing, she saw what looked to be about one hundred men and woman all armed. Most looked familiar from previous battles. "It's Queen Brittania!" One of them shouted.

"Oh heavens, do not call her that." Marcus said walking up to her happily. "She hates that."

"Very true, the word Queen makes me... Cringe. Marcus, where did you find these people? How'd you get so many?"

"Well, it was easy, I simply... Asked."

"Did you tell them what happened and why they are here?"

"No, just that the Queen was murdered and there is a dark force after the land, that seemed to do it." Brittania was saddened at that statement. Her mothers death was still new to her and it hadn't sunk in until just then. Marcus caught on and regretted his words. "I am sorry old friend."

"Don't be. it needed to be said." She took a deep breathe. "We will have a meeting, but first we need to feed them. They must be hungry from their journey. I will go out and hunt. I need you to stay here and make sure everything stays... Civil."

"Understood."

Brittania went back to her tent and noticed the girl was gone. "What the?" She quickly put her armor on and ran out of her tent and to Valdis who was sitting on a log, trying her best to stay away from everyone.

"Have you seen the girl?"

"What girl?"

"The one that we rescued from the castle."

"Last I saw, she was with you."

"Heavens! Look, we need to go and look for her. We can split up and search."

"I'm not going out there for a little girl that's probably dead already."

Brittania looked at the woman and didn't say anything, she was so frustrated with her. "Fine. Stay here and do nothing."

"I intend to."

Brittania walked off and into the woods. Valdis smirked in victory before a small cloud formed above her and it started to rain. The smirk quickly turned to a frown as she crossed her arms and rolled her eyes. "You have got to be kidding me."

"Little girl?" Brittania said aloud while walking deeper into the woods. What was her name? She thought as the trees became thicker and closer together. She noticed tiny footprints in the dirt and started heading in the same direction. She was stopped in her tracks when she heard someone whistling a familiar tune. Brittania looked around frantically, trying to find the source of the beautiful, yet terrifying luliby.

The deeper into the woods that she went, the hotter it became and the louder the luliby became. By the time she was at the source, it was practically scorching hot. She saw a very tall woman holding the child Brittania was looking for. The woman had fire red hair that went to her shoulders and pale skin that could blind you in certain light. Apart from the terrifying situation, this woman was beyond beautiful. "Hey! Let her go!" Brittania ordered.

The woman turned around and faced Brittania, her red eyes burning into the blondes blue ones. "And who might you be?"

"If you give me the girl, I can just tell you instead of showing." It was a lame threat, but a threat none the less.

The woman laughed. Her white teeth showing as she tilted her head back with joy. "What's the fun in talking? I like taking action." The woman put the kid down after studying Brittania. She knew this woman wasn't ordinary. "Okay, have it your way. We can talk."

"Give me the child first." Brittania said while taking a few steps forward, but was stopped.

"Now now." She said holding a flame near the kids face. "Not another step, or I will kill her. You want to talk, it's under my conditions." She took the silence as consent. "I'm guessing from the way you look and the way you carry yourself, that you are someone important. Am I correct?" Brittania just nodded. "And your cocky too. You think you're indestructible, the strongest person out there. That's very rare. I am the same way."

"You are just a myth." Brittania finally spoke.

"Yes well I don't like being known. It's easier. So I am the Goddess of fire. My guess is that you are a Goddess as well?"

"You can say that."

"Oh come on! I can feel it. I'm going to take a stab at it and say that you are the Goddess of water?"

"How could you guess."

"Because you are beautiful and I like you. I don't like a lot of people, so of course the one person I find attractive, I can't have. Call it female ingenuity."

"You are very bold for a crazy person."

"What makes me crazy?"

"Well the fact that you're threatening an innocent child is one."

"Innocent? You are beautiful, but damn clueless."

"What do you mean?"

"This is Saytana's daughter. Sent to spy on your kingdom."

"But, she is so young."

"That's what makes her perfect."

"How do you know this?"

"She captured me once." The woman looked down as if reliving the memory. "I learned a lot."

"How did you escape?"

"I'm smarter than I look."

"I can't just let you kill her."

"Than don't look. If I don't do this, than Saytana will know your whereabouts. Do you really want that?"

The blonde contemplated for a moment before turning her back. "Make it quick."

Not more than a few seconds later she heard a thud and leaves rustle. "Done. I promise it was painless."

"What now?" Brittania asked while turning to face the astounding woman in front of her.

"We are the only two left that Saytana needs. If she has us, she rules the world. I think it's obvious."

"You're not seriously considering working together are you?"

"We'd be practically unstoppable. There's a reason the Gods kept us away from each other all of these years. Now is our time to take Saytana out."

"What do you mean kept us apart? We were supposed to know each other?"

"Oh sweety. You really are clueless. There are certain people that were meant to be together that shouldn't. Us being fire and water should've been enemies, but we were meant to be a power couple."

"How can I trust you when I don't even know your name?"

The red head walked up to her and held her hand out. "My name is Brigit. Brigit Triteia."

The blonde shook her hand and felt a bolt of electricity run through her body and suddenly it was as if she knew this woman her whole life. "Brittania Kenna."

"That is a very powerful last name."

"As is yours. It is strange actually."

"What?"

"Your last name is one of water. And mine of fire."

"See?" Brigit started. "I know it's weird, but things like that are signs."

"Look. I have a camp. There aren't many people, but they are capable and willing to help us."

"You really think they will accept me? They don't even know I really exist."

"Well, bringing them food is a good start, let me handle the rest."

"Yes ma'am." She smirked as they began their hunt.  



© 2017 TinyWriter


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
Added on January 31, 2017
Last Updated on January 31, 2017


Author

TinyWriter
TinyWriter

Crestwood, MO



About
Born at a very young age. A caffeine dependent life form that loves to write. I'm a writer of different genres. Nothing is outside my comfort zone, so my stories can go from very heartwarming to gory .. more..

Writing
Savior Savior

A Chapter by TinyWriter