Knocking On Deaths Door

Knocking On Deaths Door

A Chapter by TinyWriter

Zayne paced back and forth outside of his old friends door, waiting for any news from the girl inside. He had called his friend who was a witch to hopefully cast a spell and heal Victoria. He knew it was very slim, but he had to have hope. "You shouldn't sneak up on me like that, especially when I'm pissed off and there is no full moon because I would like nothing more than to rip you in half for what you did." He said as he stopped and kept his back turned on Brea. "If you weren't her best friend, you'd be drowning in your own blood."
"I never meant to hurt her. I'm never in control as a wolf, you know that."
Before Zayne could respond, the witch walked out, her hands covered in blood and her blond hair in a tight bun. "How is she?" They asked in unison. 
"I tried all the spells that could possibly cure a werewolf bite, but this is much worse."
"You're saying there is nothing you can do?" Zayne asked. "You are the most powerful witch I know. How is that possible."
"A simple bite I can fix, but she was mauled. There is no way to help her."
This angered the man as he grabbed her neck and threw her body against the wall, her feet dangling from the tan carpeted floor. "You expect me to sit here and do nothing!" He shouted, angered before grabbing his head as a massive pain rang through his skull, causing his ears to bleed as he dropped the woman. 
"Yes." Was all she responded before turning to leave. 
"Wait!" Brea stopped her. "What is your name?"
"Chrissy. I'm sorry about your friend. I wish you all luck."
Zayne felt relief when the front door slammed shut. "What do we do now? Brea asked. 
He took a few deep breathes before answering. "We wait."
Victoria felt nothing but pain. She could hear voices around her. All familiar, yet she couldn't tell them apart. They started blending together before the darkness took over. 
"Wake up Victoria. Please." A man's voice rang through her head. Her eyes fluttered open, suddenly blinded by a bright light. 
"Jarrod?" She asked as she looked around the room. She saw Zayne and Brea arguing as Gabriela stood between them, trying to stop the man from going insane. But that wasn't the voice she heard. "Get up Victoria. Follow my voice." She did as she was told. It felt as she didn't weigh a thing. She looked at the bed to see her body still unconscious. She looked horrible, her face had four large claw marks that went across her entire face, blood started to show under her white bandage that was wrapped around her shoulder and part of her chest. The sight made her sick to her stomach, clutching her abdomen she dry heaved. After a few moments, she made her way down stairs, seeing her familiar living room. The black L shaped couch with red throw pillows. The red chair in the corner with a black throw pillow. Even the huge TV that they never seem to use, it was all so real, like this wasn't a dream. "Am I really dead?" She said before hearing the voice again. 
She slid open the back door that led to the fenced in back yard and saw her brother sitting down with his feet propped up on the table. "Took you long enough." He said with a smirk.
"Is this- Is this real?"
"Yes and no. You are on what we call the other side."
"The other side is for supernatural beings. You were never-"
"Guess again sister." Green eyes met blue as Jarrod studied his sisters confused look. 
"Are you like me?"
"A vampire? No and thank the Gods for that. No offense." He took his sisters silence as approval to continue. "I am a witch."
"How?"
"My mother was a witch, I inherited her gifts."
"Are you dead?"
"No. Tragically I am just stuck here. There are only two others like me. There are many types of witches, but ours are soon going to be extinct. When my so called best friend found out, he cast a spell to keep me here. Now there is only one witch standing between him and being the most powerful and feared."
"Who?"
"Chrissy. She is another close friend of mine. One that is loyal, she tried saving you from your wounds, but they were to great."
"Why am I able to see you know?"
"You are knocking on deaths door Victoria. I called for you because there is a cure."
"Is it something my friends can get?"
"It is very slim, but yes."
"Where can I find it?"
"Not an it, more of a who. It's our sister. She is a vampire werewolf hybrid and her blood can heal you and take the venom away. She can heal you."
"Last time I saw her, she drove a stake into my chest, I don't think she will want to save me."
"Family love overcomes all. I promise you she will."
"Where can I find her?"
"Where we grew up. It's a lot different now, but she is there. In an abandoned estate."
"How can I tell the others? I can't wake up?"
"I'll help you with that part."
Victoria stood by her mauled body, her brother by  her side. "Will it hurt?"
"Going back in? No. Waking up? Yes. You will only have a few moments before you are out again. I can't tell you how important it is that you recover. There is no other side for you or any vampire. You are doomed to hell because Zayne made you a monster. I only ask of one thing sister."
"What?"
"Kill Zayne. He only brings you down. I love you Victoria." With those words he sent Victoria back into her body and she rose with a sharp breathe, coughing out blood. Brea and Zayne were at her side immediately.
"My sister. Blood only cure. Bring here. Stays at estate where I grew up." Was all she could say before passing out. 
"Please tell me you know where that is."
Brea blinked a few times, remembering her friends story. "I do. Come on."
"Gabriela, you stay here. Keep an eye on her."


© 2017 TinyWriter


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on March 6, 2017
Last Updated on March 6, 2017


Author

TinyWriter
TinyWriter

Crestwood, MO



About
Born at a very young age. A caffeine dependent life form that loves to write. I'm a writer of different genres. Nothing is outside my comfort zone, so my stories can go from very heartwarming to gory .. more..

Writing
Savior Savior

A Chapter by TinyWriter