Hope (Final)

Hope (Final)

A Chapter by TinyWriter

Veda took a few deep breathes before she heard a loud siren blaring and red lights flashing in the room she was stuck in. This is the distraction. She thought as she ran to the door and found that it was in fact unlocked. She ran out and immediately smelt something rotten, followed by men and woman screaming and a loud roar. "What the f**k?" She asked out loud before a man was thrown against a wall across the hallway. His gun sliding her way a few feet. He wasn't moving so she ran up and grabbed the gun. A sniper rifle? Really? She was rubbish with long range weapons. The one person who could ever use them was Iris. She thought. She made it upstairs without running into whatever killed that man and noticed that all hell broke loose. Creatures, both big and small were running around, killing anyone in their path. One took notice of her and she ran into the closest room and shut the door. She was blinded by the sun, it had been so long since she saw daylight, it almost scared her. Banging started on the door as it quickly started to crack. She opened the window and didn't think twice before jumping out. She only jumped from the second floor, but her leg was already messed up. 
Veda saw an armored car and ran over to hot wire it. She could't leave Iris. This is a stupid idea. She thought to herself before stepping on the gas and crashing into the wall of the large building. She lifted her hand to her head to feel liquid sliding down, she was slowly becoming dizzy, but she had to find Iris. She got out and made her way to an open hallway. Only one body was lying in the floor. "Addy." She said under her breath as she ran towards the girl she once trusted. 
"Hey V."
"Where's Iris?"
Addy coughed a bit. "Two doors down, to the left. Her mothers office."
"I'm sorry it had to end like this."
"No. You're not." Addy smiled before coughing again. "Do me a solid?" She asked while offering her pistol to the brunette. 
She didn't hesitate before putting the gun up to the girls forehead and pulled the trigger. A stray tear sliding down her cheek, mixing with her blood. She ran over to the door and burst through to see Iris bringing a large knife into her mothers chest. She was frozen in shock. She could see them exchanging words, but couldn't make it out.
Iris rolled off of her and layed on her back and grasping her hip. 
Gun shots brought Veda out of her trance as she ran up to Iris and knelled down. "Where are you hurt?"
"Veda? I thought you left."
"I could never leave you."
"It's my hip, she opened it up."
Veda lifted the girls shirt and noticed the once small wound, open and bleeding. "Come on, we have to get you to Jean." She placed her arm over her shoulder and walked her out. Iris was stunned when she saw an armored jeep that was rammed through the wall. "Did you do that?"
"It's a long story. Lets get you in there."
"What about Addy?"
"What about her." She stated coldly before making sure Iris was in there okay and getting in herself.
They were driving before Iris turned the radio on and they were stunned when they heard a females voice.
"If you can hear this, my name is Jenny Scott. I am a medical adviser for the U.S. Military. If you are hurt, or need food there is a place that is safe. To the North of Big Bend at a place called New Hope. There's food, water, beds, good people that are working on re building and taking back what's ours. If you have any combat experience, we could use your help too. Military or not. Today is August 21st. Approximately 4PM on a Wednesday. We are out here. Just find us. Jenny out."
"There's no way that is real." Veda said as she turned off the radio.
"She gave us the exact time and date of today and you could hear people in the background. There's a chance that this could be our home and we need to take it. If Tryston and Finn heard this, they would've gone. If anything we need to go to see."
"It's too much of a risk."
"Veda, think about it. There could be actual doctors there. Something inside me is the cure to this virus and I could help them figure it out. We have to at least try."
Veda sighed. "Fine, do you know how to get there?"
"Yeah, it's by our old high school."
They were driving for about an hour before they were stopped by a search light that was mounted on a lookout tower. "Stop there!" A mans voice boomed. He tapped on the car window before Veda rolled it down. "How'd you hear about this place."
"We heard a radio broadcast." Iris answered.
"What was the persons name."
"Jenny Scott."
"Are you armed?"
"Duh." Veda said before catching herself.
The man laughed a bit. "Good, you're fighters, we could use more. My names Jett. Sargent Jett."
"Veda, this is Iris."
"Nice to meet you both. Open the gates! Welcome to New Hope ladies."
They drove until being stopped by road blocks. When they got out, they were immediately greeted by their friends. Finn, Tryson, Jean, even Anya.
"You two are alive!" Tryston shouted happily.
Finn walked up to Iris slowly. "I saw you. You were bit."
"I was, but I'm immune. Don't ask because I have no idea." The man had tears. "Just hug me ya big dummy." He wrapped her up in a bear hug before laughing. 
"Good to see you boss."
"Welcome to New Hope!" A woman walked up. "Sorry to interrupt, I'm Jenny."
"The Jenny we heard on the broadcast?" Veda asked, still shocked that this place was real. 
"The one in only. I'm glad you all heard it. I didn't have the best signal, took us ages to even get a decent signal.  Are you here to help us fight? Need food? Anything we can do to help."
"We'll definitely help fight." Iris said, "And I think I can speed the process up for finding a cure."
"How so?"
"I was kind of bit, a lot. Haven't turned and it's been months. I think. I haven't gotten out much."
"Come to my office. We have a lot to discuss."
***A month later***
Iris walked up and kissed Veda before smelling breakfast. "That looks and smells amazing."
"Good, I did it on no sleep. I pulled a double on the tower. It's your turn after you eat babe."
"I love you Veda."
"I love you too Iris."
Iris sat on the tower with a sniper next to her. She had been helping Jenny with a cure and have been experimenting. Getting closer each and every day. This place was her home. Safe against the zombies and people like her mother. For the first time since this started, she was happy. Another day in Paradise. She thought.

-The End-


© 2017 TinyWriter


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
Added on March 25, 2017
Last Updated on March 25, 2017


Author

TinyWriter
TinyWriter

Crestwood, MO



About
Born at a very young age. A caffeine dependent life form that loves to write. I'm a writer of different genres. Nothing is outside my comfort zone, so my stories can go from very heartwarming to gory .. more..

Writing
Savior Savior

A Chapter by TinyWriter