Four

Four

A Chapter by TinyWriter

Nick got back from his late run and immediately felt something was off. All of the lights were off, but what struck him as weird was the broken window leading to the living room. "What the hell." He didn't go right up to the door, instead he went around and checked the perimeter of the house before making a full round. He pulled out his phone and dialed Cora's number. It went straight to voicemail. "Come on Cora." He tried Victor, Asha, Jazmine, then Spencer's. The latter being the only on ringing. He walked to the front door very quietly. Hoping not to be noticed. As he turned the knob, he heard a sob that made him stop in his tracks. He looked through the small window of the door and saw Asha duct taped to a chair with a string leading towards the door. "Hold on Ash." He whispered and went to the broken window. He managed to get threw with no cuts and saw Asha shaking and trying to get out of the chair. It broke his heart seeing her like that. When he walked up, he followed the string and noticed a shotgun aiming at his friend. Nick ran to the kitchen to get a knife and got to Asha to cut her loose.
"Thank you Nick. Where the hell have you been?" She whispered while hugging the man. 
"On my run? Where's everyone? How many intruders do we have?"
"I only saw two, but I wouldn't doubt there's more."
"You should go and get help, I have to help the others."
"I'm not going anywhere without our friends."
"Fine. Here." He said before handing her his phone. "Call the police."
She tried waking his phone up, but it was completely black. "That might be a problem."
She turned his way to see the knife that freed her being held to Nick's throat with a very tall figure holding it. "Wouldn't want to do anything stupid now would we? Let's play a little game."
Spencer woke up in the middle of the woods with a throbbing headache. The horrible memory coming back to her on what led her out here to begin with. She looked around and saw the cabin was in the distance. She knew those men were there right now. "Asha." She said under her breathe. She was about to run to the house before she heard Victor call her name. 
She looked behind her and saw Victor carrying Cora as he limped towards her. "How is she?" She asked while feeling Cora's head. 
"I don't know, but she needs a hospital. Fast."
"I can help you get to the RV and you can go and get help."
"What about you? You're coming with us right?"
"I have to help the others. I can stall them until you get back."
"Spenc-"
The woman just shook her head to silence her old friend. "Nothing you can say will change my mind. I got this." She said with the best confidence she could muster. "Come on. We'll have to go around."
They made it to the RV to see the keys were on the drivers seat. Spencer helped both of them into the RV before handing Vic the keys and saying goodbye. The ignition started and caught the attention of one of the intruders as he ran outside and onto the driveway. Spencer noticed and grabbed the gnome that was beside her. 
He hadn't taken notice of her so she ran up behind him and smashed it across his face. He lay there, motionless, but breathing. It was the same man that held her down in the woods. She grabbed the pocket knife that was attached to his jeans and forced it out. She was no killer, but she couldn't let this man wake up. She looked around one more time, checking to see if anyone could see. "Just do it." She said to no one. She put the knife right to the side of the mans throat and took a deep breath before adding pressure to impale him. She didn't see a reaction, just blood, than the breathing stopped as he took his last breath. 
She stared at the body in shock, but was quickly brought back to it after a booming gun shot echoed out of the house. followed by a scream. "You f*****g b*****d!"
She knew that voice. 
Asha stood there, standing in the pool of Nick's blood. The man holding the knife to her throat. Nick was tied to the chair she was once in, his lifeless body limp.
"The rules were simple sweety. Congratulations, you won this round."
"I'm going to f*****g kill you." She seethed. 
Asha heard the sound of someone running on glass and looked to her left to see Spencer stop in her tracks. 
"Well well. There she is. You are right on time for round two."


© 2017 TinyWriter


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
Added on March 26, 2017
Last Updated on May 28, 2017


Author

TinyWriter
TinyWriter

Crestwood, MO



About
Born at a very young age. A caffeine dependent life form that loves to write. I'm a writer of different genres. Nothing is outside my comfort zone, so my stories can go from very heartwarming to gory .. more..

Writing
Savior Savior

A Chapter by TinyWriter