Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by misfit_joker

 

 

            Hey Ben.

Yeah?

            Let’s make a pact, just between us two.

What’s a pact, John?

            It means once we make the pact, neither one of us can break it or you must suffer serious consequences.

So it’s like a promise?

            No! Promises get broken all the time but pacts are super serious.

Oh. Okay.

            The pact is this: No matter what happens in life; no matter where it takes us, if either one of us is in trouble or needs the other, we’ll come for one another. We’ll always have each other’s backs. We’re brothers after all.

Okay John. I pro-

            No! To make the pact official, we both have to say this: I swear

I swear.

            To be there for my brother

To be there for my brother

            No matter what.

No matter what.

            Cross my heart.

Cross my heart.

            Hope to die.

Hope to die.

            Stick a needle in my eye.

Stick a needle in my eye.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………

 

                                    Hey punk, you got our money?

Come on guys, I need it to buy lunch.

                                    I don’t give a rat’s a*s kid. Now you give us that money or else.

No! Screw you guys.

                                    Now you’re gonna get it kid!

            Hey! Get the f**k away from my brother a******s.

 

 

I could’ve handled them, John.

            Really? So getting your a*s kicked was part of your plan? Brilliant! Listen to me, you’re weak, Ben. You can’t be taking on the world by yourself. That’s my job. I’m supposed to take care of you because I CAN carry any burdens that fall on you. I’m the strong one. You need to be the smart one,

……………………………………………………

…………………………………………………....

            Hey, I gotta tell you something.

What’s up?

            I’m gonna join the Marines and go fight those b******s in Iraq.

What? No. You can’t! You’ll go over there and get shot, then what will I be left with?

            You’ll be left with the memory of a brother who died serving his country!

I don’t want a memory! A memory isn’t going to be there when I need it! A memory can’t be there when I get my license, or when I graduate high school, or have a drink with me when I turn 21. A memory can’t make more memories. A memory is dead weight once you die.

            For f**k sake, Ben. Stop being so selfish. This isn’t just about you right now man! There are other people dying out there ‘cause of the evil overrunning them! And who’s to say they won’t come here, again? I can’t sit by and have that happen because then it DOES involve you. Understand, this is for the greater good.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………

            Well today’s the day.

Yeah.

            The recruiter says once I’m done with boot camp, I’ll be sent to my unit and deploy out almost immediately.

Mmm.

            Look, I know you’re worried about me but I promise you that nothing will happen to me man. Remember, I’m the strong one.

Promises can be broken.

            What?

Nothing.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………

 

                                    Lance Corporal McKinley?

            Here!

                                    Got a letter for ya.

            Okay. Thanks.

Dear John, (no I’m not breaking up with you haha)

How’ve you been, brother? It’s been forever it seems now. Are most deployments so long? Damn, seven months. I’ve been talking with your recruiter and he says that you should be back anytime now which is good because now you can meet my soon-to-be wife and kid. I know what you’re thinking but it can’t be undone. I have to take care of it myself. Anyways, take care.

           Your brother,

                       Ben.

           

            Damn kid. What’s he been getting himself into?

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Deear Jonh

CoM hOme. Im, well, IM Not oDing so Goodd.

            You Bro,

Ben

            What’s going on back there? F**k! Hang in there Ben. Just a couple more days.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………

            Hey Ben pick up. It’s John. Our flight got delayed but I’m home now.

            Mom! Hey mom, I’m home!

                                    Oh hey sweetie!

            Where’s Ben? I tried calling but he hasn’t been answering.

                                    Sit down sweetie.

            What? Why? What’s wrong? What’s happened to Ben?

                                    Sweetie, I think you should sit down.

            What? No! Tell me what the hell is going on maw.

                                    Okay. Ben’s, well he didn’t take you leaving so well. He starting hanging with the wrong crowd in school, QUIT school, got some w***e knocked up. He tried taking care of her, he really did. But she took off, got an abortion. That’s when things got bad. He got into using hardcore drugs, shooting up almost twice a day at least. John, he…he even started self-harming himself.  You’re Dad and I decided to put him in a place where he could be monitored. But about a week and a half ago, he told the people there he was fine. John, Ben shot himself yesterday in a hotel room. I’m so sorry sweetie. 



© 2015 misfit_joker


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
Added on August 5, 2015
Last Updated on August 5, 2015
Tags: the, path, of, god, thriller, horror, fiction, suspense, psychological, rehab, rehabilitation, depression, religion, religious


Author

misfit_joker
misfit_joker

Pontotoc, MS



About
I simply want to share a little bit of my world and bring it to yours. I do not believe in sticking with one general genre of writing because it limits the possibilities. Please enjoy more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by misfit_joker


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by misfit_joker


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by misfit_joker