Willie Rimes is going to the 2016 Banagher Horse Fair...

Willie Rimes is going to the 2016 Banagher Horse Fair...

A Story by Tomás Ó Cárthaigh
"

Willie Rimes is heading to the Wild West of Offaly, to Irelands only illegal horse fair!!!!

"

Thumbnail

Its reported that Willie Rimes will be at the Banagher Horse Fair on the 18th of this month. If you know anyone in Ireland tell them that its on - link to Facebook page at the bottom of this post.

Willie Rimes and the Quare Horse Fair

He of course was at it last year as was I, and a dare of him dressing up as a horse and jumping the barricades for a bet of three pints and a half one in Houghs after the fair is the least of the shenanigans we expect to entertain us courtousy of our Jester himself!

Barricades at a horse fair? Is that to save peoples windows?

Nope - the town is surrounded by the police and revenue and department of agriculture inspectors every year who try to stop the fair to spite the wishes of the silent majority of the people of the town.

They have not succeeded, and we are hoping for as large a crowd as was at last years Fair.

Their claims a committee is needed and other rubbish is borne a lie as we have toured fairs all over the country and they are on the streets, with no committees in most cases, and there is no need for ones.

So, we will have the craic and do a bit of trading this year, and we hope that the cops and their pals dont make themselves look more ridiculous than the bould Willie Rimes this year!!!!

The Annual Banagher Horse Fair page on Facebook is here >>>



Popular this Week

© 2016 Tomás Ó Cárthaigh


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

535 Views
Added on September 4, 2016
Last Updated on September 4, 2016
Tags: Horse Fair, Banagher Horse Fair, 2016

Author

Tomás Ó Cárthaigh
Tomás Ó Cárthaigh

Renmore, Galway, Ireland, An Roinne Mór, Gallaimh, Eire, Ireland



About
Ten years on this site... a quick decade, and an age in another way... Flanagan and the Lampost The Novena, some Drama and Midge Ure in Galway Fiddling at Longford Donkey Innovat.. more..

Writing