Just Because they Once were Victims

Just Because they Once were Victims

A Poem by Tomás Ó Cárthaigh
"

Poem in support of the Gaza aid convoy...

"


This is not an anti-semetic poem, or anti - Israeli poem.

This is a protest poem, in protest at the violation of human rights in attacking ships laden with aid and medical supplies bound for Gaza.

Israel has the right to exist... fact.

So does Palestine... fact.

Israel cannot starve out the Palestinians.

A colauge of mine from the Irish Trade Union Palestinian Solidarity is on one of the ships that was boarded yesterday, and we think is not among the wounded and dead. Those who acted in this manner are nothing better than the Iranian regime that shot Neda Soltani.

The regime that runs Israel today shows by its inhuman blockade of Gaza that they are the equivalent of the Kapos that helped the Germans keep order in the concentration camps in WWII.

They have nothing in common with those innocents who perished, in whose name the state was founded.

Just because they once were victims, does not give them the right to be the agressor today.


=============== THE POEM ===============
It does not give them the right
To crush the natives of this land
And use their US given might
To attack a peaceful convoy
Of internationally certified aid
To rattle sabres to the world
And make a people afraid.

Do they not remember where they were from
Do they not read that often times before
They angered God with such behavior
And that they anger Him once more?
They were once the victims
That everybody does know
It does not give them the right to be agressors
What happened 70 years ago...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
www.writingsinrhyme.com


© 2010 Tomás Ó Cárthaigh


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Strong poem with a theme I think a lot of people can agree with. It not only applies to the situation you write about, but life in general. People want to get even for what happened to them when forgiveness might be easier and cause less harm in the long run. So I can see the inspiration for the poem and think you did a great job with what could have been a very controversial subject. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

YOU COULD MAKE THIS POEM REFER TO OTHERS AS WELL.........

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Strong poem with a theme I think a lot of people can agree with. It not only applies to the situation you write about, but life in general. People want to get even for what happened to them when forgiveness might be easier and cause less harm in the long run. So I can see the inspiration for the poem and think you did a great job with what could have been a very controversial subject. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dear Tomás,

Oppression, injustice, and Man's continual amazing abiliity to justify their actions. God told me to do it. He hit me so I can hit you. Aren't these the actions of badly mannered children that need to be disciplined? They certainly are not the actions of righteous men. This is not civilization. There is nothing civil about such actions. This is not in keeping with God's word. There is nothing Godly about this. Quite the contrary.

Thank you for a stimulating write.

Best regards,

Rick

Posted 13 Years Ago


What's not to agree with. I'm an older guy and have lived with every type of anti-semetic stance that has ever come down the pipe. I hate them all. Thanks for a great write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


amen friend. Amen. I do support Israel but not torment.

Posted 13 Years Ago


A righteous stance and thought-provoking piece. I am not an anti-Semitic (although they have no love of pork themselves), but I do not care for the current or past governments of Israel and its philosophys. They, to me, are not much better than all those that have persecuted the judan in the past. Good write as expected and loved the fact that you also mentioned in comparison the kapo. Keep 'em coming.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Perhaps they would like to take the same route as the slaves of the United states and demand reparations lol Good luck with that one

Posted 13 Years Ago


Great poem, I agree with you. Israel is out of control. And the US is not helping the situation. We have to let our government know that we will not stand for oppression here and we will not stand for it in the rest of the world. Apathy... More people have to speak out just like you have. This is something that should wake up the world.

Thanks for sharing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I always love how you present your work and this is no exception. I don't keep up with the news mostly because evil against fellowman angers me. I'm sorry that your friend was in that convoy, not so much that he was, but that he was involved in such a cruel, twisted version of a boycott.


N. Strong

Posted 13 Years Ago


A very good poem and I agree with you .. both have the right to exist. Do they not remember where they were from
Do they not read that often times before
They angered God with such behavior
And that they anger Him once more?
They were once the victims
That everybody does know
It does not give them the right to be agressors
What happened 70 years ago...

This is truthful and strong.

Chloe

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

600 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 2, 2010
Last Updated on June 2, 2010

Author

Tomás Ó Cárthaigh
Tomás Ó Cárthaigh

Renmore, Galway, Ireland, An Roinne Mór, Gallaimh, Eire, Ireland



About
Ten years on this site... a quick decade, and an age in another way... Flanagan and the Lampost The Novena, some Drama and Midge Ure in Galway Fiddling at Longford Donkey Innovat.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


04.Lovely me 04.Lovely me

A Poem by pal