Unnamed Soldier

Unnamed Soldier

A Poem by Revolutionary
"

A soldier shot himself a t the Occupy Vermont Camp Yesterday.He was not mentioned on the national news.A arguement near the Occupy Oakland camp turned into a murder.All over the news.

"

They would not mention his name today on the morning news.

A military man,back from Iraq,felt he had nothing left to loose.

He had fought in the name of a false flag chained to a machine gun.

Here at home he felt he lost everything and everyone.

The 99% of human life heard this soldier die

They flood the Burlington Streets with the tears of Occupy.

The evening news will still refuse to mention him by name,

while Veterans Day bursts into parades to end the wars that still remain.

Prophets will debate a single date to usher the end of time.

Occupy Oakland makes headlines for a senseless random crime.

This Nameless Soldier whose blood still stains Burlington City Park.

Will celebrate his veterans day alone and in the dark.

I call out in his Unknown Name to all you soldiers in the street.

March instead to Occupy the Tyrrany Of The War Machine!

© 2011 Revolutionary


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It is almost a year and a half later and they have still not released his name.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I like, raw, letting it all out violently, just like war and also the sudden outburst of confrontation. You give the soldiers a big dignity through your wording and also their realisation and actions for doing what they feel right, and all this related to the Occupy movements, is indeed good.

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
y&r
This is a very emotionally powerful poem. A very strong appeal to action and expression of your thoughts on current event. Nice!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Hemingway and Twain wrote of the damage done by war. Countless more have spoken against war. Soldiers learn war is not for the people. It is for the wealthy and powerful of the world. I pray the next election. The Veteran remember what Obama did for them. Cut their budget with thousand coming home needing help. It is sick when a nation forget to care for the Soldiers who fought and died for them. Thank you for the knowledge and strong words.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


I didn't hear about this. A tragedy! When soldiers are killing themselves in greater numbers that those killed in combat it shows something is terribly wrong, and to do it during the occupy movement means even more. Thank you for writing this poem.

Posted 12 Years Ago


you cant have peace without war . a soilder is part of the war machine if he breaks down he gets replaced and the machine goes on a soilder knows this. the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few , ours is not to reason why ours is but to do or die.war is hell, and not all of them were worth fighting .

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very powerful and thought provoking prose poem. The world seems so screwed up lately. I hope it unscrews itself soon. I feel so much anger about the media and all the crap that is going on. You did a great job of focusing on one of the many problems our country is facing right now.

Posted 12 Years Ago


My father was born on Veterans Day; a noble day, for sure. For any veteran to suffer in his own country is not acceptable. For any non-veteran to protest any war is unacceptable. Walk in a veteran's shoes, before you fight his fight. Welcome him home and take him under your wing! Many of our adult orphans are fighting our wars and have no one at home whom cares. I found a web-site for them and was bombarded with images caught on his cellular telephone and electronic camera of what he was seeing on a daily basis. My God hates war; I detest it, even more. To send our children and orphans into such places is detestable, but to forget them, when they arrive home, is deplorable!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


So very sad that we cannot even recognize this soldier who put his life on the line for our freedom. Thank you for sharing this!

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

641 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 11, 2011
Last Updated on November 11, 2011

Author

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

hale, MI



About
I write for fun.I have a beach and trail cleanup group.I find a lot of treasures on the beach more..

Writing