Full Circle

Full Circle

A Story by Antoñyo
"

10 Word Contest entry June 6-1/6-8

"

 


Cheap motels and shallow babes. You’d think a man would learn a thing or two after all these years, thought half-drunk Emmitt E. upon closing the bathroom door. This place can’t even afford a mint on the pillows! 

 

It was the point of no return fast-approaching, he knew, from the same overly strange feeling in his gut he had as a twenty-year-old in the old neighborhood when he drove a stolen car off a bridge into a ravine at the request of the popular and well-stacked Miss Shannon Allbrist, as much for her amusement as his street cred. Now this, a gnawing inside him in a place where he was sure live germs would play punching bag on his scrotum if he sat on the can, and a reassuring peek out the door to check on a ‘sure thing’ only further sobered his thinking.

 

“I DON’T LIKE SPIDERS AND SNAKES…” Creepy old lyrics blurting from a new twenty-something ex-cheerleader type all of ninety pounds soaking wet, swaying nothing but sharp hip bones to the TV-radio.   

 

“To hell with this,” he muttered, then bolted through the screenless window where he landed on pieces of scattered glass. “I must not be the first prick to come to his senses.” 

 

Crossing the boulevard to the same bar where they’d met and where he left his truck, a taxi cab cut him off and came to a stop. Needless to say as it was, he took it as a sign not to go back inside and was quite set on going home to sleep off another wasted night in his life.

 

Emmitt?A soft inquiring voice amidst the chatter of three women exiting the cab caused him to make a swift about-face. “Oh my gosh, Emmitt E., it IS you. I’d know that butt anywhere.”

 

Emmitt’s eyes widened. “Uh…Shannon? he replied, trying to avoid noticing that the rest of her body had filled out just fine, too.

 

Minutes into their conversation, “Shan, you comin’ inside or what?” one of the other two women asked.

Shannon looked Emmitt deep into both eyes.

 

Or what,” both answered.

 

 

FULL CIRCLE

© 2016 Antoñyo


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'd like to know more about the background of this character. But I liked your writing style and the way you describe these scenes. :) Thanks for sharing.

Posted 7 Years Ago


What comes around goes around and then some; on occasion. Thank you for sharing a rather intriguing story. I Love the Song! Probably will sing it now for twelve hours straight in my head. Then it will be followed by "Mamma's Got A Squeeze Box" Thank you for entering this round of 10 Words I Give and for barely with me through an illness. So sorry for the delay!

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

346 Views
2 Reviews
Added on June 7, 2016
Last Updated on June 7, 2016
Tags: short story, bar, shallow

Author

Antoñyo
Antoñyo

City of Angels and Rams, CA



About
"I don't want to sound like I've studied writing, I want to sound like I've studied life." As a writer I tend to be a sponge for real life experiences; drawn to passion, raw & untamed emotion and.. more..

Writing