Perfectionism is the devil

Perfectionism is the devil

A Story by Torey.Fisher
"

Our English teacher said to write about why perfectionism is the devil for 6 minutes for a free write. this is it.

"

Perfectionism is the devil. It will drive you crazy. Trying to make every little thing is this world perfect to you will drive you crazy. Try to imagine cleaning up your room and there is a small stain on the carpet and no matter how hard you try, you cannot get it out and when you walk into your room everyday, it will be there, staring you in the face. You try and try and try as hard as you can to get that stain out and in the end of all of your efforts, you winding up burning your house down. Just over a small stain. See things like that could be ignored. They have no meaning. They have no reason to go and drive you crazy because it has to be what? Perfect. Perfectionism is one of those things that just aren’t attainable. Everything does not have to be perfect. Everything does not have to even be okay. It’s just certain things that have to. Like weddings and birthday parties for your 6 year old son. Those have to be perfect. Essays and grades don’t have to be perfect. That being said, don’t stress yourself out  over something if you are trying your hardest. Don’t let the little things burn your house down.

© 2018 Torey.Fisher


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good, sound advice. As Richard Carlson famously said, "Don't sweat the small stuff". Make peace with your mistakes. Nothing is worth killing yourself over.
Are you having fun, Torey? I hope you are.
Hi, by the way. I'm angel.

Posted 5 Years Ago


well your right,a perfectionist never has any rest

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

94 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 26, 2018
Last Updated on October 26, 2018

Author

Torey.Fisher
Torey.Fisher

Atlanta, GA



About
I'm 16 and doing this for fun. more..


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..