Dark Thoughts

Dark Thoughts

A Poem by M.K. Mason
"

Random thoughts that spill on to the screen like ink spilling from a pen.

"
Dark Thoughts 

      Somewhere in the middle of nowhere, there lies a cabin; looks as if it's been abandoned. The wood splintering, a lot of the windows cracked, wood panels missing from the steps. Just looking at the place you would think no one lives there. But someone does. Many have heard about the lonely person living in the abandoned cabin; but no one has ever seen them, not knowing if they are male or female. The legend says that this person, who or what ever they might be, till manages get get company. Unwilling company. People go missing and never return. The only time they're returned is as a rotten corpse or in pieces. But who believes that? No one did. It wasn't until a woman went missing. Months later, she returns to the town she went missing from. Stumbling and still in a daze she managed to get to town, not remembering how she got back. An off duty cop found her, covered in what looked like dried up blood and something discolored. As the cop approached her, he smelled sewer; no, something worse than that... He took her into a hospital, got her cleaned up, even tried questioning her. He got nowhere. The next day she finally opened up. Telling the cops about what she saw was probably the hardest things they've ever heard. 
      She woke up, lying in a puddle of fresh blood. The blood wasn't hers. The smell in the room she was in was strong, making it hard to breathe. When she got the nerve, she moved around the room. She felt all along the walls until she found a light switch. The moment she turned that light on she wished she hadn't. The walls were covered in blood, droplets still gripping down the sides. When she turned around to see the rest of the room, it got worse. Holding her breath as her heart pounds in her chest, her eyes scanning the room, she wished she left the light off and just stayed knocked out. Laying on the floor was body after body, all of them dismembered in some way. But they weren't fresh, they were starting to whither, maggots feeding away on whatever they could. Struggling to keep herself together she lets her eyes wonder more. Big mistake. In the corner, nailed to the wall, another women is naked and bleeding. Fresh blood, like someone took gallons of red paint and threw it all over the corner. This women didn't seem dismembered, that was until she looked closer. There was something pretty important missing from her body. Her heart. Ripped out, the skin around the woman's chest proving just that. After that she stopped talking. She doesn't remember any more after that. Why would someone take the heart from a dead body? Unless she wasn't dead at the time. Why the heart?

© 2017 M.K. Mason


Author's Note

M.K. Mason
This is just something that I randomly wrote one day. Might make it into a short story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A terrifyingly griping story. The description within the writing allows the reader to feel what the people within the story feel.

Posted 7 Years Ago


M.K. Mason

7 Years Ago

Thank you! I'm glad that you think that! I have been trying to work more on descriptive writing. I k.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
1 Review
Added on February 14, 2017
Last Updated on February 14, 2017
Tags: #random, #freewrite, #thoughts, #fiction

Author

M.K. Mason
M.K. Mason

Thornton, CO



About
I'm an aspiring writer hoping to find some feedback. I would love to get published one day just need the steps to get there. more..

Writing