Under the Weather?

Under the Weather?

A Poem by Tracie Skarbo
"

Not a fan of the drug companies...

"

 

You need our drugs
To beat your bug
Sit right down and we will go to town
We will turn that smile into a frown
And all the while you shall chant our lines
Giving us all your money and time

© 2009 Tracie Skarbo


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review




Reviews

this is great...so sarcastic...

and i always get a kick out of the ads for these drugs...and all the possible side effects...so many that we would wonder why anyone would risk taking them...

i dealt with this...the drugs advertised on tv for prostate stuff...

yada yada yada...and spent money for two bottles of this so called stuff that would really make all better.

i still ended up having surgeries...now i'm fine...they were empty promises...and now i see joe theisman advertising a new one...

can bet it doesn't work either..

wow this poem got me going.

jacob

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wonderful write.
Appreciate for exposing the tricks of drug companies to drain our hard earned money.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Now that was funny but so very true.
Great job Tigra.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is so true. I have battled all week being sick and have taken enough medicine to float a boat. A friend of mine suggested some hot tea with lemon and mint. I think that has helped the coughing more than anything. This was a wonderful piece. These companies do love to medicate us so we spend more money. So true. Excellent piece.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Agreed 100% That which does not defeat me strenghthens me. Drugs weaken our immune systems and line the pockets of those who are more worried with making a buck than they are about healing people. Short and sweet and too the point. Real nice job with this!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Yes, a rant from Tigra!!
I so agree these drug have not a clue of the irrevocable damage they do, spewing out pill upon pill. The only thought is to the Almighty bottom line, profits. Thank you for sharing and waking us up a bit more on this subject.

Lynne

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Oh I love it... quick witty and catchy... I myself never take anything unless of dyer need... I let colds and flu fight themselves... those drug companies are in it for profit and not to help people. A powerful statement in those few lines.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

250 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on October 16, 2009
Last Updated on December 16, 2009

Author

Tracie Skarbo
Tracie Skarbo

Canada



About
Learning consists of daily accumulating. The practice of the Tao consists of daily diminishing; decreasing and decreasing, until doing nothing. When nothing is done, nothing is left undone. True.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..