YOU

YOU

A Poem by TroubledTeen
"

"A gifted mind with a pen and a piece of paper can make magic"

"
Iv'e always felt invisible, unknowingly obscure to the world,forever floating in a dreamless abyss and slowly plunging day by day until YOU came. You gave me life, Provided my twinkle of hope, Made me feel like i could finally be seen after being invisible for so long. I felt Free, Free from all the injustice and inequality, Free to finally have a chance at happiness, Free to be ME.
Things were finally starting to go my way until "I SAW YOU KISS HER".

A jagged knife piercing my flesh couldn't have hurt me more as I felt my heart slowly deteriorating, I mean you were never really mine anyway, but in the short experiences that we shared, I thought that you felt for me exactly what I felt for you Warmth, Love, Butterflies whenever your fingers brushed against mine, Sparks whenever I gazed into your chocolate brown eyes, A connection whenever you thought about me. 

It was wrong, wrong of me to think that the bad boy would actually fall for the nerd, wrong of me to think that we would actually somehow someway be together, Wrong for me to hope and pray that we would actually cross paths again however, as I come to face reality of the harsh truth "NOT ALL DREAMS COME TRUE". Even though we cant be together you will always have a space in my heart and I will keep the little moments that we shared within me burning like smoke and fire invading my every thought. YOU COULD HAVE BEEN MINE, YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN MINE, but sometimes things don't always work out the way you planned them too. 

Even though you can't be mine, my heart will always secretly ache for you, Longing for your smile, Aching for your touch even though I don't and never will matter to you anyway. 

© 2017 TroubledTeen


Author's Note

TroubledTeen
Thoughts? Comments? How does this poem make you feel? Let me know what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love it. You express your emotions really well.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 10, 2017
Last Updated on August 10, 2017
Tags: love, sadness, depression, poetry, life

Author

TroubledTeen
TroubledTeen

Bahamas



About
An aspiring young writer with hopes and dreams to share my love of poetry and writing short stories with the world. #Inspiration is My Aspiration You are never to young to Inspire more..