Gray

Gray

A Poem by Pikachu

The truth is, the world isn't black or white- it's gray. Humans are locked behind walls of the hardest brick and the coldest steel. We are all locked in the prison of our minds. The light of reality rarely graces our presence since shafts of sunlight can barely break through the walls of our self-made penitentiary. There are many factors that separate us- language, religion, culture. Our world is as scattered and broken as puzzle pieces. The puzzle is how to fit the pieces together. Our ignorance is not due to our lack of knowledge of current events, but to our lack of understanding of different people whose beliefs counter our own. Because of this, we give into human weakness- destruction over compromise and intolerance due to fear. Our fear is not that these foreign beliefs may someday conquer our own, but that these foreign beliefs are correct. Ironically, the beliefs that we fear are actually very similar to our own. Individuals are surrounded by mirrors that reflect their soul. If only these could be shattered, then perhaps we could see more than just our reflection. We may think the ripples in the water sparate us, but really, we come from the same lake. The world isn't just black or white, it's really all gray.

© 2010 Pikachu


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is so true, and excellent write, Great work on this.

Regards,

Matthew

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is a great write

Posted 13 Years Ago


K- this was in the poem category and clearly it is not. But aside from that, I like what you had to say. I think in addition to what separates people is that we have lost the ability to focus on our own intuition and our primal connection with other humans due to all of the outside factors and distractions that we have created. Why spend time holding hands and conversing with a loved one when you can fill your plate with texting, facebook, netflix, and junk food all at the same time?? We have picked quantity over quality and it is affecting our lives.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
jex
This is very true. None of us really learn to open our minds until we find out how much we truly need to just to understand a small part of the world and the people living in it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
KL
Really nice piece of philosophical writing here. Although you're right about our ignorance coming from a lack of understanding, it is also coming from a lack of acceptance. Humanity nowadays needs to be able to embrace the differences that separate us, not just to acknowledge them. The lake metaphor is great, but correct the typo in that sentence and this will be a shining stone. Awesome.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I really liked the topic you talked about. Although yes not all are this way I deffinatelly see where you're coming from and agree with you. I love how this write is so thought provoking and down to earth. Great metaphors too.

Posted 13 Years Ago


this piece has some valid points but not all people are close minded. I think you did a great job in conveying your thoughts.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I share your thoughts 100%~ eloquently expressed with conviction and deep compassion~

Posted 13 Years Ago


My thoughts exactly! Superb write with superb wisdom...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

245 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 26, 2010
Last Updated on September 26, 2010

Author

Pikachu
Pikachu

Pozzorubbio, Pangasinan, Philippines



About
My lyfe is a story in a story beyond what the eye sees you just have to open your eyes to see my true intentions... Im Brian Ochoada Galvez Im full bloodied filipino Living in Virginia, USA Goin.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Eärendil Eärendil

A Chapter by Dani