Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Angel Wings

   The street lights were light lightning bugs giving off their last glow. The streets are so quiet as if they also sensed the coming storm, and the moon above was a waning crescent, offering only a sliver of eerie orangish light.
 I stand in the town center while huddling close to the people I love most in the world. My family. My mother has so many worry lines creasing her brow that I fear they may stick. Her kind (insert color) eyes are soft with worry, and yet they contain a tempery glint that not a soul hardly ever sees. Her (length) (color) hair is tossed about wildly in the (month) wind.
   My father dosen't look any better, if possible he has even more worry lines than Mamma! His steely (color) eyes flash like slate in the moonlight. And his (color) and silver hair is tousled. My father's muscular build is reassuring as my own willowy one sways in the harsh, I tense wind.
  (Name), my little five year old sister, grabs my hand tightly, looking up into my eyes, her own wide and tear filled. Her pale cheeks are rosy red from wind-bite.
      Every one has gathered because a bugal had been sounded, and that is never a good thing, usually. Everywhere people look a little worse than rough, and then the horse foot troops come, thundering  in the close distance. 
   A woman screams, and soon a mass of siluettos are visible just beyond the gates. Previously mentioned gates are wide open, as if they were welcoming the coming danger. And then I realize it, this was the government; there was not supposed to be any danger, and yet there is.
    The terrible cloud of Govs. Storm into the village, and riders start snatching people up!
  "We need workers!" The head rider cries, as he snatches up an innocent child, not even caring.
    I am so distracted that I do not notice anything wrong with my family unit until I hear a scream, a blood curdling scream!
   "(Main females name, or male,if you prefer)!" My mothers scream as she and my father are dragged into the arms of riders. Even little (name) is in the hold of a terror, wiggling and kicking with all her little might!
   "Mamma! Papa! (Name)!" I yell, dashing after them, but it is too late, and the riders flee the village, satisfied with their que 
    I sink to the ground, trembling. That did not just happen. I feel my heart being torn into a thousand pieces as the riders ride away. I think t move, but my body is frozen, and then I am stranded in place as one lone horse and solider crush my right leg. I let out  a peri icing scream not only from pain, but from my lose, and my injury is only a pre-text.
    A handsome looking young man(you can pick what he looks like.it is your story, after all! :) ) dashes up to me, and all the other villagers that remain watch in from the safety of their houses.
  He leans down, and then gently extends his hand,helping me up. 
   The pain is crushing, and I whimper a little, tethering. The boy, who is around my age, scoops me into his arms.
   Something about the safe warmth if his arms causes me to break down, sobbing, into his chest.
    "T-they took them!" A burning rage fills me! "I have to get b-back at them, I have to get them back!" I wail hysterically, the loses an endless pit in my heart.
     "Shh, it's okay. I'll help you. My father is a high ranking military official, and he tricked my mother and I, he stole her from me. I under stand. "
  I smile up at him thank fully. Then the pain and shock are too much, and I black out in this strangers arms.


© 2012 Angel Wings


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thank you for the review. You should see the contest writer's profile and see if they started writing the story. I wonder if they continued it....Anyways, I hope the writer of the contest continued the story, and I thank you for the review.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wonderful! Because this is a contest does this mean you will not be writing more? If so this makes me sad! Ha-ha it was such a good read and now im left with who was the boy? Does he help her...? Oh dear...

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 15, 2012
Last Updated on October 15, 2012


Author

Angel Wings
Angel Wings

Fisherville, KY



About
I love writting and music! I am also pyschich and love animals. Helping people get through rough spots is one of the thing that I love doing! I love paranormal romance books, and I am in the process o.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Angel Wings