"Your Shadow" experimental prologue

"Your Shadow" experimental prologue

A Story by Olivia Knightmare
"

How do i know if its really you? how can i tell the difference?

"
Quiet...i wake up and its quiet. No pounding on the door or shouting coming from downstairs. Nothing, only the tapping of rain on my roof. "He must have passed out already." i thought. If i move fast enough, i could escape another beating. Quickly and quietly i get ready for school. I didnt dare go down the stairs to leave, if i do he could wake up...and if he knew i was trying to leave early...i cant even imagine. I walked across my room to the window and looked down. From the second floor it has to be around a 19 foot drop. I take the risk. I leap from my window and land on my feet, feeling like i had just broken my ankle. I try to get up and fail. I try again and start limping down my street as fast as i can. But i know when i get home today it will be a horrible night. As im trudging along the sidewalk i notice an unfamiliar car drving by. On a normal street, it wouldnt mean anything, but no one comes through my neighborhood. Trashy and violent. The car is a sleek black toyota camry, as it drove by me it slowed down and then sped back up again. Something is up, a nice car like that wouldnt be on my street. I decided to just let it go and keep walking. As i arrived at my school my best, and only for that matter, friend was waiting for me. "Ana! youre early...what happened?" says Philippa. Only Philippa knows where i come from, about my mom, my dad...everything. Shes surprised that im early, usually because my dad holds me up with a few hits. "I guess i just walked faster than usual!" i say with a smile. In other words, i moved a little faster than him and she understood that. "What about your leg? why are you limping?" she asks. "i just tripped on the way here." she gives me a painful look. "You know, Ana, i could give you a ride to school sometimes it wouldnt be a prob--" "i dont need anyone looking after me!" i snap. She gave me another sorrowful look, but its not that i dont want help...i just dont want her to get hurt. "i gotta get to class...you should tell someone about that ankle." she said as she walked away. what she doesnt get is that its not as easy as just telling someone the truth...it wouldnt work out. When i was younger i lost my mother and was left with my psychopath father...i dont like to talk about it, i just cant bear it. As im left standing, i feel a pair of eyes on me. i look around and see no one. "im just being paranoid" i tell myself. The bell rings and i hurriedly get my books and go to class. Walking with my head down wasnt a good thing, i ran straight into someone and drop all of my books. "im sorry, i just...i wasnt looking, im so sorry just...sorry." I pick up my books and whoevers i ran into and as i look up to hand them to them, im lost in these deep blue eyes. then i realized i was staring. "um...here, sorry" i say, before walking away awkwardly. i could feel him watching my back as i walked away. i got to class and took my seat in the back corner, where no one can bother me. Class starts and the teacher, mrs. andrews, says, "We have a new student joining us today! Dmitri, would you come in now?" A handsome young boy comes in with dark hair and...the blue eyes! thats the boy i ran into in the hallway. His long hair is swept to the side juat above his beautiful eyes. He was wearing a black hoodie and grey jeans with black vans. "Class, this is Dmitri Abbot. Hes new here and i want you all to make him feel welcome! Now dmitri, why dont you have a seat next to...AnaMarie!" AnaMarie, my full name that i hate and never want to be called."Ana..." i say under my breath. Dmitri makes his way to the back of the classroom by me and takes his seat. Mrs. Andrews starts her lesson but i hardly listen. a few minutes into it i notice Dmitri looking at me. I look up at him , "uh, hi" i say quietly. "Hi, im dmitri." he says back monotonously. "And youre AnaMarie?" my full name again. "I just go by Ana." i return. "Ana." he repeats. "yea..." i say back. After that we stopped talking. The next class was biology as im making my way there i notice Dmitri following behind me. "Can i help you?" i say kind of suspiciously. "well, as you know, im new here. and i have no friggin idea where anything is...god forbid i try and find out where a class is." he says, his face staying expressionless. "right..." i say trailing off.

© 2012 Olivia Knightmare


Author's Note

Olivia Knightmare
ignore bad grammar. this is more like an prologue kind of thing just to see if it sounds interesting i have a pretty good idea for the rest of it and just want your opinion on how it sounds so far

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
Added on August 4, 2012
Last Updated on August 4, 2012
Tags: prologue, shadow, haunted, romance, abuse, love, experimental, hurt, death

Author

Olivia Knightmare
Olivia Knightmare

About
Hi I'm Olivia, I'm 14 years old and im in love with writing. I hope you enjoy my work! more..

Writing