Simple Words

Simple Words

A Poem by Kay
"

this is a poem I wrote on a really late night for a contest. May not be the best peice of writing but I am pleased with it. Enjoy!

"

I have lived

I have loved

I have lost

I have done stupid things with stupid friends that puzzles me how I am not in jail

I have felt the hope of making a name for myself

I have been cursed with the despair of watching my life slip through my hands

I have seen beauty that has made me cry

I have seen the ugly that I refuse

The life I hold before me

This is not a perfect life

Nor is it a life of glory 

But as my life slowly dims

And the clouds of death loom

I see a life that is worthy of the rewards ahead

 

 

© 2008 Kay


Author's Note

Kay
once again please don't point out spelling
also don't be too mean please

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this one because it captures the spirit of a Christian. Your poem doesn't discuss God's Grace, but the issues you describe lead to why salvation is possible. Keep writing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I liked the way that this poem ended on a positive note. Well done.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I really liked how the poem kind of began pessimistically but then slowly eased towards the end of the poem. My favourite line "I have been cursed with the despair of watching my life slip through my hands" This line was incredibly deep in my opinion and really brought across the entire meaning of struggle that comes with life in your poem. xxx Great job.

Posted 15 Years Ago


It pleased me that this ended on a hopeful note. It's a delicate, touching and melancholy piece but it needed that in the end. The conclusion is also cryptic and resonates beyond the end of the poem. Liked it very much!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this is a very very very very very very very beautiful piece.

nothing much to say.

blessings....

Posted 16 Years Ago


All I'm going to say it definitely don't stop even if people are mean, your writing should always be about you and where it comes from and I can see the flickers of intent with this piece! There is a wave of aggression somewhere in the ocean of WC at the moment (how's that for metaphor's ;-P), but don't be scared off by it.

All I would say is push your writing further, try things you wouldn't think you would try and don't be afraid of it.

One of the good things you have here? Positivity looking ahead, I like that in all things. :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


You are very sweet, and you can tell you write with your heart. I really love how simple, yet straight to the point this piece is. I think we can all relate to it. good job. Keep writing. xo -D.E.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

That was such a beautiful poem!
I think the title really fit the poem because of the possile meaning.
Even though they were just simple words, they said so much about life.
This is one of my favorite poems that I've read.
~Natalia

Posted 16 Years Ago


I likethis poem it shows hope and change. Maybe we all had those friends that make us wonder how we survived. I like the feeling of growth that this poem has it very good....

Posted 16 Years Ago


Beautiful words with a lot of feeling embedded.

"I have lived
I have loved
I have lost"

Profound. I love how you began this. Simple and yet it works wonders for the rest of the poem.


Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

498 Views
10 Reviews
Added on March 30, 2008

Author

Kay
Kay

Writing
The News Hit Hard The News Hit Hard

A Story by Kay


Dior Dish Dior Dish

A Book by Kay


[untitled] [untitled]

A Chapter by Kay