I Heard the News Today ...

I Heard the News Today ...

A Story by Twilight Dancer
"

Patrick - a young, loving, and compassionate friend.

"

 

I heard the news today at work.  My blood drained from my face, my stomach lurched, and tears filled my eyes.  You had died early this morning – by your own hand or natural causes, it didn’t matter to me.  Another loving and troubled soul had finally left the torment of this earth.

 

We had discussed depression and its torment many times of late.  I personally know the apathy, or worse yet, the darkness of the abyss, the feelings of not belonging on this earth anymore.  The feelings of worthlessness, the all consuming pain of the soul, and the never-ending search for peace.

 

My prayer for you this day is that you are safely in our Heavenly Father’s arms; surrounded by love and peace.  I love you and will miss you, my friend.

 

TD 6.13.2008

© 2008 Twilight Dancer


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"My prayer for you this day is that you are safely in our Heavenly Father's arms; surrounded by love and peace. I love you and will miss you, my friend."

What a great tribute those last sentences. Even though you are going through a sad and depressing time it seems like you search for god and his presence and know that Patrick is still with you in spirit.
Sorry to hear about the death.
Great write



Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Such a sad story of a loss, but wonderfully written. It's a wonderful tribute to whomever you lost.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Very sad...but evry beatuiful written

Posted 15 Years Ago


such a tragic loss - I like how it matters not how to you , why should it? the why will not change what is - that your friend is now gone from this Earth - your wish for him shows your truly compassionate and caring nature and expresses well the love you had for your friend. wonderfully penned.

Posted 15 Years Ago


You tug at my heartstrings every time! This is so moving and contains so much truth. Your narrative is spot on and you didn't drag it out to epic proportion. A wonderful tribute, but sad case. So many are going to God too soon because of a sense of worthlessness, I wish I knew the answer, but I too have looked depression in the face and it is ugly! I want to bottle happiness and give it out free of charge...
Kudos my friend and sadness for the loss of your friend...
Helen :-)

Posted 15 Years Ago


"My prayer for you this day is that you are safely in our Heavenly Father's arms; surrounded by love and peace. I love you and will miss you, my friend."

What a great tribute those last sentences. Even though you are going through a sad and depressing time it seems like you search for god and his presence and know that Patrick is still with you in spirit.
Sorry to hear about the death.
Great write



Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

396 Views
5 Reviews
Added on June 15, 2008

Author

Twilight Dancer
Twilight Dancer

NC



About
I am the Twilight Dancer & also A Traditional Southern Woman .... I'm very sick and in need of prayers. I am living, yet many pieces of me have died. Judge me not for who you perceive today; Welcom.. more..

Writing
Time Time

A Poem by Twilight Dancer