Billy Graham's Prayer For Our Nation

Billy Graham's Prayer For Our Nation

A Story by Twilight Dancer
"

I did not write, but feel the need to share this special prayer.

"

Billy Graham's Prayer For Our Nation

THIS MAN SURE HAS A GOOD VIEW OF WHAT'S HAPPENING TO OUR COUNTRY!

 
 'Heavenly Father, we come before you today to ask your forgiveness and to seek your direction and guidance.  We know Your Word says, 'Woe to those who call evil good,' but that is exactly what we have done.  We have lost our spiritual equilibrium and reversed our values. We have exploited the poor and called it the lottery. We have rewarded laziness and called it welfare.  We have killed our unborn and called it choice. We have shot abortionists and called it justifiable.  We have neglected to discipline our children and called it building self esteem.  We have abused power and called it politics. We have coveted our neighbor's possessions and called it ambition.  We have polluted the air with profanity and pornography and called it freedom of expression.  We have ridiculed the time-honored values of our forefathers and called it enlightenment.  Search us, Oh God, and know our hearts today; cleanse us from every sin and Set us free. Amen!'


Commentator Paul Harvey aired this prayer on his radio program, 'The Rest of the Story,' and received a larger response to this program than any other he has ever aired. With the Lord's help, may this prayer sweep over our nation and wholeheartedly become our desire so that we again can be called 'One nation under God.'

© 2008 Twilight Dancer


Author's Note

Twilight Dancer
I do not want reviews - just read the prayer and extend it to all nations and children of God.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Randolph Hearst took Billy from a tent in California to national syndication. He went from preaching to 50 people in a makeshift congregation to preaching to
50, 000 in a matter of weeks. It always helps to have a billionaire sponsor who owns half the nation's press on your side. Now, if I could only find a friend like that for my poetry!

Posted 14 Years Ago


I can't help myself Bek...I have to respond. Billy Graham has to be one of the strongest speakers I have ever heard and I was so pleased to see that you have quoted his words here, they are profound in that they have to encourage people to consider God's judgment and the need to put God's word firmly in our hearts.
I think the biggest issue of sin in human nature is that it is not an accidental action, but pre-meditated on most levels.
Sorry, you didn't want reviews...I know, but I just wanted to tell you that we are on the same train xxxoooxxx

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

443 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 23, 2008

Author

Twilight Dancer
Twilight Dancer

NC



About
I am the Twilight Dancer & also A Traditional Southern Woman .... I'm very sick and in need of prayers. I am living, yet many pieces of me have died. Judge me not for who you perceive today; Welcom.. more..

Writing
Time Time

A Poem by Twilight Dancer