Animal Diary

Animal Diary

A Story by lauren emily
"

Who else has read The Confessions of Georgia Nicholson?

"

11:00am
June 14
Dear Diary,

My owner, Georgia, keeps a diary, so why can't I? There's no reason I can think of that would prevent me from keeping one so....onward!
Lets start out with the basics, shall we? My name is Angus, and I am part of the fantastic species which is feline. I live in wonderful England with my-- Oh! That dog! She is, without a doubt, the most annoying K-9 to ever walk the planet. The she who I am referring to is Mr. and Mrs. Next Door's poodle. They wonder why I always chase after her and try to eat her guts. Hmph.
Anyway, as I was saying before she so rudely came along and interrupted me, I live in wonderful England with my humans Georgia, Libby, Mutti, and Vati(as Georgia seems to always refer to her parents as. I have not the slightest idea why, though.) I have lived here ever since I was just a kitten and Georgia found me on the streets and insisted on taking me home. Georgia's mother doesn't like me very much, though, because I am part Scottish wildcat and every once in a while I hear the highlands calling to me and end up having some sort of spaz attack.
Good God, she's doing it again. I'm sitting in Georgia's room on her windowsill and she keeps staring at herself in the mirror. First she checks her nose, then her lips, then her hair, then she applies multiple layers of mascara. I wish she would take into consideration that she already has a boyfriend who seems to like her just the way she is. But sadly, she doesn't.
Oh no, here comes Libby. No, no. I don't want to play "Here Comes the Bride". Good heavens.

11:55am
June 14
Dear Diary,

I was forced into a torn, white frock by Libby. I was also forced to play "Here Comes the Bride". Every time I tried to get away she would hit me over the head with the plastic thing she calls a teacup and say "Bad bride, bad bride!". I finally managed to escape to the backyard. It's much more peaceful here except for the-

12:15pm
June 14
Dear Diary,

There were two small mice located near the bush by the gate in the backyard. They tried their best to scurry along when they saw me, but alas. They were not fast enough. I kept one for myself and left the other one in Mutti's knickers by the drier. She will be pleased. Ah, how unselfish I am.
Well, I'm off to take a nap. Today has been quite exhausting. Where to rest, though? I dare not go into Georgia's room for fear that she might start babbling away to herself about how imperfect or perfect her life is. I also do not care to venture into Libby's room because of the previous "Here Comes the Bride" incident. Maybe the living room? I'll go check. As Georgia says, au revoir, mes amis!

© 2009 lauren emily


Author's Note

lauren emily
I was forced to write this for school and I kinda stole the characters from the book Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging..but...yeah. haha. I really hope you enjoy this! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Lol I totally love this is is an interesting idea and i really love it :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Aww, this was cute, and definately a great idea.
However, you always have to keep in mind the nature of a cat.
I own a cat, and I love him to death, but he is probably the most vain creature I have ever known (not to mention demonic, but that's a different story).
So first off: "My owner, Georgia, keeps a diary, so why can't I?" If I were a vain, prideful cat, I would write "my human." It sounds like the cat owns the person instead of the other way around.
I loved this line: "I kept one for myself and left the other one in Mutti's knickers by the drier. She will be pleased. Ah, how unselfish I am." This just oozes with vanity. But, I think you meant "sneakers."
I wish we could see more of the vain cat, and not just introductions and being trapped in bridal clothing (although that was pretty funny). But also, if I were a cat, I would have bit or scratched someone by now.
This was a cute little story. You could even turn it into a children's book!
~Lauren


Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 9, 2009
Last Updated on July 9, 2009

Author

lauren emily
lauren emily

Long Beach, CA



About
Why 'ello there! Thanks for stoppin' by. My name is Lauren (previously my screen name was TwilightReader) and I'm 16. I love writing, good food, fast cars, interesting people, cemeteries, photograp.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..