Lost Love

Lost Love

A Story by Ellie Venice

My dear friends have left me, more so I have left them. They mourned over me for days, yet never seemed to get over me. They loved me, I know that, but now some have seemed to forgotten about me. Except one. Jason.
Jason is standing over my grave. Tears are visible in his eyes. He visits me twice a week, and every now and again a third time. He talks about our kids and his friends. He used to talk about the case on my murder, but now he's dropped it.
"Today the kids went out to the pool. They loved it. It reminds me of when you and I would go to the deeper end and try to get them to swim towards us. Now they're better swimmers than me." He picks at a dead flower. "Why'd you have to leave? Your blog was just starting to gain viewers and popularity. You were knitting a dress for Aemilia. Now you're gone." He furrows his brows. "I just want one more day with you, is all. One more day."
"Honestly, when are you going to let go?" Jason turns around to see Peter behind him. "She's gone, man. We all loved her, but she's gone. Let go or you'll never be happy."
"Yeah, what if I let go? Then what? Re-marry and explain that my wife is dead and that I will never have a true love again? If I let go, I could forget her like you have, then all would be lost."
Peter's eyes fill with worry. "Jason, be real. You can still visit her and all. Just don't talk to her like she's still here or will ever come back. She's gone. Just accept the fact."
"I will not! I will not lose her like you all did! She is still alive in my heart for all that counts." Tears are streaming down his cheeks. His hands clenched into fists.
Don't fight him. For my sake, please don't fight. I silently willed him.
"Well if you love her so much why don't you join her?" he yelled right back. Once he saw that Jason was actually considering this, he regretted it. "I didn't mean that. We need you here. Me, your friends, your kids. She'll be there waiting for you. Spend your time with us, then when your time comes, join her." Peter's brows furrowed as he tried to persuade Jason.
Finally, Jason leaves. Peter just looks at my grave in silence for a moment. Then he follows in suit.
Not too long later, Jason returns with a gun. Tears are in his eyes again. How my heart aches when I see his pain. He stands a moment in front of me, as if sensing my presence.
"I love you too much, Vicky. I can't live anymore without you. I'm sorry about the kids. I left them a note." He starts choking up. I want to reach to him and comfort him, but can't. "I love you."
Bang!

© 2017 Ellie Venice


Author's Note

Ellie Venice
Wrote this in basically one go without any revision. Hope you like it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
RJS
Love it. Don't revise. Hits a cord that everyone can relate to.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I liked the story. I could feel the fathers pain. It was a good read. A few grammatical errors but lovely.



Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
2 Reviews
Added on February 8, 2017
Last Updated on February 11, 2017
Tags: romance, suicide, death, need, love, argument, widowed, dead wife, graveyard

Author

Ellie Venice
Ellie Venice

Roanoke, VA



About
I am a young writer and still am in grade school. I am in need of some feedback from people who aren't biased because they know me. Most of my stuff is crap but I like to write and have other people r.. more..

Writing
Naturally Naturally

A Story by Ellie Venice