A Flower In The Desert

A Flower In The Desert

A Poem by Inactive

 

 

A Flower In The Desert.

 

 

In a baren wasteland empty and dry,

where not a drop of rain has ever fallen from the sky.

There grows a single flower, somehow able to cope,

wich serves to all passers by as a beacon of hope.

And as I walk through this desert unsure if I'll reach the other side,

the presence of this flower fills me with a new found strength and a sence of pride.

© 2008 Inactive


Author's Note

Inactive
Thank you for taking the time to read my poem, please be constructive with your reviews.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Lovely theme, sweet words, but the flow is a little broken cos the meter's not one hundred per cent.. try reading aloud and drumming out the words into a tempo or similar.. you'll discover where to shorten or re-arrange your wording. I'm not too good with meter, hence I write prose poetry, so, really I have not right to advise you, but, you do ask!

I think this could be a wonderful piece of writing though.. truly.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Nice. I like the changes.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Very nice. I was able to picture the desert and the said 'flower' that you were talking about. ^^ Keep it up! Nice work and I hope to see more from you.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 12, 2008
Last Updated on October 12, 2008

Author

Inactive
Inactive

Welland, Canada



About
I believe there is one thing above all that separates us from the rest of the animal kingdom. It's not our ability to communicate, for certain other animals have that ability. It is certainly not ou.. more..

Writing
You Are... You Are...

A Poem by Inactive



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..