More than what I am.

More than what I am.

A Poem by Inactive

 

 

 

Have you ever felt like you could be more than what you are?

Like you could suddenly sprout wing, fly and touch the stars.

somehow I feel like I have a destiny that is great,

but to unlock it, I must lift an unbearable weight.

 

 

I've been shown the door, given the key.

And to enter is a choice left up to me.

But every time I try, something pulls me back.

something that says I'm not ready, something I lack.

 

 

And when I am finaly able to enter that door

My imperfections and inability will be no more.

I will be more than what I am, a whole new me,

And then I'll come back for you, I hope you're ready.

© 2008 Inactive


Author's Note

Inactive
I hope you all enjoy it. Please ignore the spelling errors.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I love this. It give us all the hope of the possibilities that life has in store for us. You capture what we all fear. Sometimes the opporunities come at a cost and we are afraid. I hope you find what you need to open that door because you will never know the thrill of the prize if you never reach out to touch it and grab it. Great poem. Thanks for sharing!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

this is something that we all go through at one point or another in our lives...to question and doubt is inherent to our nature. we can not continue to grow and prosper if we dont take that first step forward.

good job, hun...

Amanda

Posted 14 Years Ago


I really liked this piece. Something inside tells me you have short story telling ability. The thoughts and words used in this poem, could easily translate into a story. I have to tell you this. I am an average speller, so I use a spell check. It does make a difference in how the poem, or story is perceived. My punctuation is terrible. I always welcome advice with that. I would try a few true life, or fictional stories just to see how they feel. Good job. Rain..

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is what everyone wants to accomplish in life. We want to overcome our fears,
imperfections, and ignorance to achieve more in our existance. I like how powerful
this is showing our struggle to survive against not only tribulations but ourselves.
Of course at the end when you come back to help others out of the same thing you
went through is amazing. This it totally library worthy my friend!

Posted 15 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ali
I like this a lot. However the flow is a little awkward but not an issue I must say. Can't wait for more of your work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Awwwwwwwwwwwww. That's cute! Man, who ever you're writing for is wicked lucky!! Keep up the good work!!

-QueenofKings

Posted 15 Years Ago


I love this. It give us all the hope of the possibilities that life has in store for us. You capture what we all fear. Sometimes the opporunities come at a cost and we are afraid. I hope you find what you need to open that door because you will never know the thrill of the prize if you never reach out to touch it and grab it. Great poem. Thanks for sharing!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

211 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 14, 2008
Last Updated on November 14, 2008

Author

Inactive
Inactive

Welland, Canada



About
I believe there is one thing above all that separates us from the rest of the animal kingdom. It's not our ability to communicate, for certain other animals have that ability. It is certainly not ou.. more..

Writing
You Are... You Are...

A Poem by Inactive



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..