Peace

Peace

A Poem by Ryan Falzon - Tymon
"

Poem about the vision of world peace.

"
There are no countries,
the people live as one,
Removing all boundaries
everyone would have won.
This is the vision of world peace.
All soldiers under the same flag,
 Protected by a golden fleece,
of which everyone brags
To achieve this harmony,
it's actually very easy.
Destroy your company.
  who are all quite needy.
One flag rises above the others,
It cleanses the land from "evil"
to betray it's brothers.
Years of purifying, and it's finally done.
All of the "evil" is now gone.
Including those who wanted to run.
Now, There is only one flag,
With Earth for it's location
Is this truly world peace?
or is it simply world domination?

© 2010 Ryan Falzon - Tymon


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
... ah ... this is a beautifully written earnest piece of writing ... you ask all the right questions ... great poetry ... skillful and expressive ... the topic i'd say is somewhat complex ... the attempt to address it is sincere and insightful ... but ... philosophically speaking ... i'd say the flag is a symbol but not the only one ... there is a lot more that goes into making a nation a nation ...

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I really like this and i did have a conversation with a friend about wiping all the "evil" ones, and your poem is just perfect for it. The last stanza is awesome and really hit me. Something new for me to think about. Wonderful write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
... ah ... this is a beautifully written earnest piece of writing ... you ask all the right questions ... great poetry ... skillful and expressive ... the topic i'd say is somewhat complex ... the attempt to address it is sincere and insightful ... but ... philosophically speaking ... i'd say the flag is a symbol but not the only one ... there is a lot more that goes into making a nation a nation ...

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

good rhyming, wonderful flow of words , great topic :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is an interesting take on peace. I think the rhymes work, but the form is sort of distracting. Maybe use enjambment with your lines instead of end-stops so that the rhymes aren't quite so striking? Sometimes when you get a rhythm down so perfectly is can distract from the subject matter.

I like the messages. It makes me think more deeply about what it would take to have world peace. Also, whether or not that is humanly possible.

Posted 13 Years Ago


It is hard to say. I believe we will never live as one. China is the big problem. Europe, most of Asia and the North and South America are all becoming a melting pot of many people and cultures. Africa is dying. But the rich country of the world don't care 2 million die of hunger and HIV monthly. Wars are costing 100 more times then care and love for the sick and the poor. I believe change will come asap. At the cost of many lives in Europe, Asia or North or South America. This world leaders only will learn the hard war. Guns and weapon purpose are to kill not to bring peace. A excellent poem. You made me think.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very good. This poem starts along a path of desiring pure love with a rosy outlook; a utopia of human existence - and I must say I was all the while hoping for the other side of this viewpoint, and in the end I wasn't disappointed..!

"Is this truly world peace?
or is it simply world domination?"

..Yes, there probably is no such thing as world peace - someone will always feel under- or mis-represented. And life would probably be dull. Ironically so, that is, for I do not advocate unrest! But the quest for peace is rather like the quest for happiness: would perfect happiness merely become familiarity and the norm and therefore not a positive thing..? I think it probably would - human perspective will always be two-sided.: love and hate, happiness and discontent, war and peace. Neither can exist without the other.

This is very well writen and the rhyme scheme is aslo very good. These lines, I think are the most significant:-

"This is the vision of world peace.
All soldiers under the same flag,
Protected by a golden fleece,
of which everyone brags"

Quality work.


Posted 13 Years Ago


Excellent!

Posted 13 Years Ago


this is amazingg.
everyone who wishes for world peace,
have to realize one thing,
it can never really happen.
because, no matter what,
we as humans, will still be opionated.

Posted 13 Years Ago


@R.Nella "Purifying the evil" is simply an excuse to start a war. Thanks for your review my friend =).

By definition, a pure object is not something holy and light, as we often interpret it, but something pure, something made form only 1 material, from only 1 flag...

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like how you present a theoretical idea, and then bring it back to reality by suggesting it is simply world domination, because that is exactly what it would have to be. You could call it peace, but at the expense of traits which are inherently human. Fiction like "Soylent Green" may yet become a reality.

The thought that came to my mind while reading through this, is what exactly did you mean by 'purifying'? The dilution of individual races and cultural identities, genocide, or terminating anyone who has freedom of thought? Perhaps a lobotomy, or similar procedure will replace circumcision.

Interesting, and potentially thought-provoking.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

254 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 23, 2010
Last Updated on May 23, 2010

Author

Ryan Falzon - Tymon
Ryan Falzon - Tymon

Malta



About
You wish to know more about me? You want to see what I see? Then listen to the words I write. With them I will give you my sight. I'm a thinker in my time. Making everything rhyme. Wondering w.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Little Wonders Little Wonders

A Poem by A.Lee