Impossible winds

Impossible winds

A Poem by Ryan Falzon - Tymon
"

A poem on how we should never let the small child within us die, no matter how old we truly are. As a child has a heart of stone that rarely breaks.(read explanation)

"
Clutching my soul into my hands,
Ripping free the deafening bands.
Serving a justice through my eyes
Always reaching for the final prize.
The hiss of a thousand snakes,
Blind and oblivious to the high stakes
As the act of evil seems to satisfy,
Suffering those who swore to pacify .
 Waiting for the death of tonight,
Until I see a child flying his kite,
That is when I shall finally rest,
Having passed the eye test.
Until I see the child take flight,
I shall hold my ground and fight.
Fighting the snakes off the ground.
Never giving to their seducing sound.
A drop of rain falls from the sky,
The child just continues to try.
A drop turns to two, and showers.
Rotting away the colorful flowers.
A heart of stone lies within,
Always ready with a broken grin.
I relax and ease as the child sings
At a lone, flying kite, in impossible winds.

© 2010 Ryan Falzon - Tymon


Author's Note

Ryan Falzon - Tymon
Explanation:

Stanza 1:
The first stanza is a little hard to grip, as it isn't that clear. "Clutching my soul into my hands" means the poet is holding his soul, his sense of justice, his view on what is good and what is evil. Then from it, he rips away the deafening bands, being social media. Then he "serves a justice through my eyes" meaning he does good on what HE thinks is good, not anyone else. and "always reaching for the final prize" heaven. This is a small "intro" stanza, that is slightly remote from the rest of the poem. The first stanza I write is always "distant" from the rest of the poem(until I get my gears rolling hehe) I usually delete it, but I liked this one hehe.

Stanza 2: The hiss of a thousand snakes represent the snake from the story of adam and eve, only there isn't one sake, but thousands. Thousands of different temptations all calling to the poet to do their bidding. "Blind and oblivious to the high stakes" Ignoring all risks and possibilities of failure, they provide temptation. "an act of evil seems to satisfy, suffering those who swore to pacify" An act of evil means that when we do evil, or when we see someone else do evil, life seems slightly easier and more satisfying at that moment then those who pacify, those who do good.

Stanza 3 -
Waiting for the death of tonight until I see a child flying his kite. This is simple once you've read the previous explanations, waiting for the death of tonight meaning waiting for the sun to shine and bring death to darkness, dark temptations. But the sun will not rise until a child, the child, flies his kite. Meaning until the child inside the poet's heart flies his kite free, then the sun will rise. "That is when I shall finally rest", giving a small breath of ease as temptations and dark thoughts disappear. "Having passed the eye test" Now this line may not make any sense, but think about it for a while. What are children extremely good at that we adults/teenagers suck at it? Observing. Children are EXTREMELY observant. So the poet is trying to release his inner child, to be more observant and to notice every detail, every opportunity, and, most importantly, every possible mistake.

Stanza 4 - "Until I see the child take flight, I shall hold my ground and fight" These lines are simple, in fact this whole stanza is very simple. The stanza simply states that the poet will continue fighting the snakes by hand, beating them off himself until the child takes flight, bringing in the sun and making the snakes leave. And "never giving to their seducing sound" Always never giving to temptation.

Stanza 5 - In this stanza, A storm rises around the metaphorical scene. A huge, storm that rots away the unnoticed colorful flowers, which are our good thoughts, which were gone unnoticed due to the unobservant nature of the poet(and his lack of child). yet, without a known reason, the child just keeps trying, over and over in the deadly wind, to fly his kite. As children can be most insistent.

Stanza 5 - Finally the punchline. A heart of stone lies within, as the child never gave up on flying the kite. Always smiling(Broken at hard times, but still smiling), no matter what the situation. Finally, the poet relaxes and breaths free as he sees a small, lone kite flying in the rain.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
let that child be truly alive
and set an example for all of us
let him live and let him thrive
let's not make another fuss

let kites fly and always soar
high up in vacant skies
let his inner voice roar
and not succumb to cries

let's relent to a better song
a better tale and better words
your thoughts, ryan, are never wrong
let's not be adults in herds

so true and profound they are
and they explore the depths
with the greatest they are at par
they have invaluable strengths

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
r
Wow. This is beautiful, amazing, I just love the way you wrote it, and idk. I just really love this poem. It was amazing enough to me, with the imagery and the meanings, but then I read directly what all the lines meant and....wow. It just made it so much clearer and idk. This is simply, or not so simply, an amazing, beautiful poem. I love how you put so much thought into what it means, it's wonderful

Posted 13 Years Ago


your imagery seeps right into the heart to awaken the child in us all~ beautiful~

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 10, 2010
Last Updated on September 10, 2010

Author

Ryan Falzon - Tymon
Ryan Falzon - Tymon

Malta



About
You wish to know more about me? You want to see what I see? Then listen to the words I write. With them I will give you my sight. I'm a thinker in my time. Making everything rhyme. Wondering w.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


get up... get up...

A Poem by Brad


Just because Just because

A Poem by Robin


The Fight The Fight

A Poem by Crinkle°


How Many? How Many?

A Poem by Crinkle°