Shades Of Blue

Shades Of Blue

A Poem by Janna Nicole

The colors are icy.
Cold to the sight.
When I gaze into them, the fire inside me dims.
The fire will never cease to be blistering.
But I decide where the embers nest.
Giving me the home I have always longed for, I've grown comfortable.
With just enough ice, and just enough fire, the two can live in harmony.
Never losing strength, but never losing control.

© 2012 Janna Nicole


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You play with Ice and fire, same creats a different Blue
You are an artist, a true poet

Posted 3 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i really like this one. it started off cold (no pun intended) but it took a direction towards self empowerment. it reminds me of the hardcore bands at local shows. we all are about keeping our fire inside, and never stopping who we are for anything. i really enjoyed it. the only recommendation i could make is to lengthen it just a bit, add some more between the 3 and 4th line to make more of a transition between the two themes? its just one of them poems where you get to the end and your like "over already?! damn it. i want more" which isnt bad, always leave the viewer wanting more, but this feel like it almost has too much want left unanswered from its short length. however like i said, love this one. if you do add on to it. send me a message and let me know!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

214 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 12, 2012
Last Updated on September 12, 2012