Late Last Night

Late Last Night

A Poem by tyson

She messaged me late last night. It was two in the morning.

I hadn’t heard from her in almost a year. I was surprised she still had my number. She only ever messaged me this late if she had been drinking.

 

It was in regards to my belongings. During our gruelling and lengthy separation she had kept a collection of books, films and clothing, all belonging to me. They were her leverage in such hostile times and she refused to return them without an ordeal.

 

I became complacent and lost interest in her games. I had read the books, I had seen the films and I had worn the clothes. I figured the longer she held onto them, the longer she would be haunted by me.

 

The message explained that, she had moved house and found a pile of bits a pieces that had belonged to me, and to let her know if I wanted them back or not. I lay there thinking of a million replies that were never sent. Then I thought about her. Then us. It was painful.

 

I was wrong, I had underestimated her; the longer she held onto those things, the longer she would be able to haunt me. 

© 2013 tyson


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

this is brilliant Ty
thanks for sharing^^

Posted 10 Years Ago


tyson

10 Years Ago

thanks for taking the time to read :)
A splendid read and write...:).....................

Posted 10 Years Ago


tyson

10 Years Ago

thank you!
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

My pleasure...:).......................

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 14, 2013
Last Updated on October 14, 2013

Author

tyson
tyson

Perth, Fremantle, Australia



About
Born in Fremantle, Western Australia. 1993. more..

Writing
Dream No.1 Dream No.1

A Poem by tyson


I Favoured Him I Favoured Him

A Poem by tyson